Take Me Away Interior Pictures?

tastangan

O.G.
Oct 14, 2008
I have searched the sub-forum for pictures of the interior of the Take Me Away and the Take Me Away Mini but did not have any luck. Would someone mind posting pictures of theirs?

I am planning to Bespoke a Take Me Away (Weekender) and was wondering whether I should add more pockets and such.

TIA!

I just took some pics with my mobile, sorry for the quality, but each the two sizes have a hidden pocket on one side and each have a zipper pocket and one long pocket divided into three on the other side..

The first is from the overnighter, then the weekender, then the hidden pocket from the weekender..and at last the Matte Brown set.

I hope you'll enjoy your weekender as much as I do :smile:

My edit..Personally, I hardly use the pockets much at all..except for a couple of socks!

Attachments

• 31072009(002).jpg
    31072009(002).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 31072009(003).jpg
    31072009(003).jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 31072009(004).jpg
    31072009(004).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 31072009(005).jpg
    31072009(005).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Bonniekir, would the pockets fit a water bottle easily, or do you think that adding a water bottle pocket would be a good idea? I tend to always travel with a liter bottle.

Bonniekir, would the pockets fit a water bottle easily, or do you think that adding a water bottle pocket would be a good idea? I tend to always travel with a liter bottle.

IMO the pockets are too widely divided in order to hold a water bottle tightly in place; they are more for little boxes/ cases .
A large bottle will not be able to stand up easily either, but a "normal" size will..but then the elastic band in the pockets must be tighter and the pocket must be adjusted and sewn a bit more narrow..

You are not thinking of a weekender in the old Tan...are you???? OMG..if you are, I'll be so jealous...just green with envy :smile:!! I have a set in the new Tan, which I really like,and I simply can't justify to myself in getting one in the old Tan as well!

IMO the pockets are too widely divided in order to hold a water bottle tightly in place; they are more for little boxes/ cases .
A large bottle will not be able to stand up easily either, but a "normal" size will..but then the elastic band in the pockets must be tighter and the pocket must be adjusted and sewn a bit more narrow..

You are not thinking of a weekender in the old Tan...are you???? OMG..if you are, I'll be so jealous...just green with envy :smile:!! I have a set in the new Tan, which I really like,and I simply can't justify to myself in getting one in the old Tan as well!

Bonnie, I just read that!;)

You have me laughing right now. Your SO like me with our love for the weekender set. Hm... now you have ME thinking. I ordered the new tan but do you think I should've ordered the old?

Bonnie, I wish you and I could get both! And port for good luck!

I just took some pics with my mobile, sorry for the quality, but each the two sizes have a hidden pocket on one side and each have a zipper pocket and one long pocket divided into three on the other side..

The first is from the overnighter, then the weekender, then the hidden pocket from the weekender..and at last the Matte Brown set.

I hope you'll enjoy your weekender as much as I do :smile:

My edit..Personally, I hardly use the pockets much at all..except for a couple of socks!

Thanks so much for the pictures! It has been a real help.

I have a few questions:
1) Why does the zip pocket on the overnighter look bigger than the zip pocket on the weekender? Or is it just an illusion because the overnighter is smaller?
2) Do you think that adding a bottle pocket would be beneficial? I do find the bottle pocket to be a little bit on the small side though.

um...yeah, MissB...I did pull that trigger, lol.

I got a matte thick bone SM while on sale, so I also got a matching large weekender. It really won't work for commercial flights, but it just seems so deliciously decadent to have an almost white travel set, KWIM?

ETA: I second tastangan. I also want to know thoughts about whether to add a water bottle pocket to the travel bags.

lovebags2--You make me laugh:biggrin:..I just look at the two Tans as different Tans. The old type is just somehow so primeval, like what leather was about one time.Rough and rugged, and only with use it would turn into something soft with a glow.
But the new Tan is easier to squish into a corner of a car, since it has such a lovely texture, which bends and twists already a lot as new. So I guess it's up to what you want! I would really like a set in the old Tan..to be honest!
But I have one in the matte Dark Grey coming..and thinking of either the Port glossy or the Wine sheen, so already, I'm just a greedy little pig!

tastangan--my pleasure, if I could help a bit with these poor quality pics!
Q1..yes, the zipper has the same size in both the bags.
Q2..I personally would only carry a smallish waterbottle in the overnighter..a large bottle won't have the space upstanding in either of the bags. I think the weekender with a waterbottle might become a bit awkward to reach for, and I usually carry this one by hand..and at times over the shoulder, as it is a longish bag.But that's me:smile:

gga--OMG... :nuts:..what to say....well, please post pics of these old Tan bags when they arrive!!
And you dared Bone bags ! How sophisticated! I did not have the courage in this household of mine, where I have two nasty piranhas trying to eat my bags..I mean ..two sweet pups examining my bags. So I chose light Grey matte for my second SM...and this is bold!
Which colour lining did you chose for the Tan and Bone?

But I have one in the matte Dark Grey coming..and thinking of either the Port glossy or the Wine sheen, so already, I'm just a greedy little pig!

tastangan--my pleasure, if I could help a bit with these poor quality pics!
Q1..yes, the zipper has the same size in both the bags.
Q2..I personally would only carry a smallish waterbottle in the overnighter..a large bottle won't have the space upstanding in either of the bags. I think the weekender with a waterbottle might become a bit awkward to reach for, and I usually carry this one by hand..and at times over the shoulder, as it is a longish bag.But that's me:smile:

gga--OMG... :nuts:..what to say....well, please post pics of these old Tan bags when they arrive!!
And you dared Bone bags ! How sophisticated! I did not have the courage in this household of mine, where I have two nasty piranhas trying to eat my bags..I mean ..two sweet pups examining my bags. So I chose light Grey matte for my second SM...and this is bold!
Which colour lining did you chose for the Tan and Bone?

Your travel bags sound yummy, bonniekir. And I totally understand life with piranhas...oops, I mean puppies.

And thanks for the info re: water bottle pockets. I'm going to add them to all my travel bags, I think.

I went with purple lining on the bone bags and fuchsia lining on the tan. It's rough and rugged on the outside, girly on the inside. Sorta like me. sorta. And I do feel so incredibly decadent with bone travel bags, lol.