Take Away Bag Dilemma

MollieO

May 20, 2011
I wanted the Taupe Take Away in the Maxi size. really love this bag. My NM only has the black or the blue. There is a taupe in the Jumbo. I have had the boutique, Saks and NM/Bergdorff's looking for this bag- it's a no go. I will try Bloomingdale's later tonight.

So my dilemma is: I love the taupe but really do not want the Jumbo size. This bag isnt going to stick around and I love the style and I dont want to lose out on it. I have no Chanel with the reissue lock.

Would you get the style and size you want and sacrifice the color? Or stick to the color and style and sacrifice the size? At this point, I really love the style. I have 2 black flaps- 1 classic caviar with SHW and the hidden sequin flap that is basically a Maxi (or just a tad smaller).

Boy, if all my problems came down to issues with buying Chanel. Opinions appreciated.

I wanted the Taupe Take Away in the Maxi size. really love this bag. My NM only has the black or the blue. There is a taupe in the Jumbo. I have had the boutique, Saks and NM/Bergdorff's looking for this bag- it's a no go. I will try Bloomingdale's later tonight.

So my dilemma is: I love the taupe but really do not want the Jumbo size. This bag isnt going to stick around and I love the style and I dont want to lose out on it. I have no Chanel with the reissue lock.

Would you get the style and size you want and sacrifice the color? Or stick to the color and style and sacrifice the size? At this point, I really love the style. I have 2 black flaps- 1 classic caviar with SHW and the hidden sequin flap that is basically a Maxi (or just a tad smaller).

Boy, if all my problems came down to issues with buying Chanel. Opinions appreciated.
Have any pictures?

Unfortunately, no Im on my Droid! Another member posted on the bag a couple days ago and posted the red. Someone posted a pic of a celebrity with my taupe!

Unfortunately, no Im on my Droid! Another member posted on the bag a couple days ago and posted the red. Someone posted a pic of a celebrity with my taupe!

Are you sure the color is called Taupe? I saw this bag at my Neiman Marcus back at the beginning of November and I thought the color was in the green family.

attachment.php

COngratulations! Always stick with your gut on what you want because once you compromise on either the size/color/etc, you'll be doubting that decision every time!

Where did you find the taupe color in the jumbo size? I have the taupe color but I think I might have it in the bigger size. If possible, I'd love the smaller size instead!

COngratulations! Always stick with your gut on what you want because once you compromise on either the size/color/etc, you'll be doubting that decision every time!

Where did you find the taupe color in the jumbo size? I have the taupe color but I think I might have it in the bigger size. If possible, I'd love the smaller size instead!

Jcue- Call Alyce in the Tysons Corner, Virginia's Neiman Marcus- 703-761-1600. She will hook you up! Tell her Mollie sent you!

That's a tough decision but the taupe color is gorgeous. If it were me and ive exhausted all options then i'd probably go with the jumbo size in the taupe color. Have you tried calling the boutiques? Or is it only available in department stores? Good luck!

That's a tough decision but the taupe color is gorgeous. If it were me and ive exhausted all options then i'd probably go with the jumbo size in the taupe color. Have you tried calling the boutiques? Or is it only available in department stores? Good luck!

Hey, Jess, yep, called everyone but it was either sold out or not ordered by the store. Chanel searched nationwide as did Saks and Neimans for me. I am in LOVE with the black. The taupe was too small in the jumbo. And, given my love of wearing black, I think I would have stained it.

Hey Mollie, were you ever able to find this in the maxi size? I can't find it either and am desperate to get my hands on one. My SA is holding the jumbo size in black for me till this weekend, but that's because I am waiting to find the maxi. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Mollie, were you ever able to find this in the maxi size? I can't find it either and am desperate to get my hands on one. My SA is holding the jumbo size in black for me till this weekend, but that's because I am waiting to find the maxi. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I saw a maxi size black Take Away at Chanel Boutique SF Union Square on last Sunday 01/29.