Taiwanese Dramas

evychew

Jan 16, 2007
I know we have a thread on Korean dramas, so why not Taiwanese dramas?

My favorite is Corner with Lover; Meteor Garden comes in a close second. What do you recommend?

^ I hardly watch Taiwanese dramas, but I love Princess Returning Pearl / Huan Zhu Ge Ge (part 1 only). The last drama I saw was Romance in the Rain (Qing Shen Shen Yu Meng Meng).

I heard so much about Meteor Garden, I will have to check out Meteor Garden one of these days. Do you think the elders would enjoy it as well?

Meteor Garden is what we call "ou shang ju" (i'm terrible at ping ying!) which translates to "idol drama"

It seems to be targeted more for the teens/20 some year olds, but my mom actually watched this one with me. And we BOTH LOVED it!!! I definitely think you should check it out helena! (gotta take a break from crying all the time from the korean soaps, right? :P)

Meteor Garden is what we call "ou shang ju" (i'm terrible at ping ying!) which translates to "idol drama"

Evelyn, I recently finished "Meteor Garden" part 1. I thought it was cute, but the acting was pretty bad (I could tell that they were new at the time). I used to watch dramas from Hong Kong every now and then, many of them can really act; the problem is that the stars are older so they are popular among elders (known as 'housewives'). Young people cannot relate to the
storylines, they end up catching J-dramas (very popular several years ago) and K-dramas instead.

Did you see "Meteor Garden" part 2? The storyline seems similar to typical Korean dramas (amnesia) so I passed.

A lot of people recommend "The Prince Who Turns into a Frog". I picked up that DVD set along with MARS (with Vic Chou & Big S) at a book store recently, I will watch them when I am free.

this is a great thread..I just watched "Tian Guo De Jia Yi" it's a bout a handsome and famous designer who falls for this girl next door. Quite cute and not bad at all for entertainment.

Some others that I would recommend, Lavender (Ambrose Hsu), Starry Starry Night.. ( a bit sad though)

"Tian Guo De Jia Yi"- who are the stars there?

It's also known as Le Robe de Mariage des Cieux "天国的嫁衣" (Heaven's Wedding Gown). The cast includes Cyndi Wang 王心凌 (Pasta), Leon Williams 立威廉, Ming Dao 明道 (Prince Who Turns into a Frog, Magicians of Love).

l_p1004026729.jpg

(picture from yesasia)