Tailors & Shoe Repair in China & Hong Kong?

Work has me making at least one trip every year to Hong Kong, Shanghai and Guangzhou. With the first two cities being particularly legendary for their tailors, I was just wondering if any of you have chanced upon any that are especially talented, reasonably priced and reliable?

I have quite a large amount of clothes that need altering/repairing (and shoes that need re-soling) and I thought that perhaps it would be a good idea to get them done overseas since the costs would be substantially lower. Whenever I go to those aforementioned cities, I'd walk through the streets and just see shop after shop of tailors and cobblers but I'm reluctant to trust them with my stuff without a previous recommendation. Plus, I don't have the time to browse every shop and ask to see their work, etc.

So I was hoping that maybe some of you have had good experiences getting bespoke things made or altered in one of those cities and if so, would you mind sharing that information?

P.S. Feel free to use Chinese if necessary. :smile:

For clothes alteration in HK, I always use Mitty fashion on
Wellington street in central. They are more expensive than other seamstress but workmanship is great. Yet they'll take around 10 days to alter your clothes.

For cobbler, there are some small street stalls behind Central MTR exit D (I think). they are very reasonable and particular one I use is run by a bald guy in vest and shorts (sorry can't remember the name but he shouldn't be difficult to spot). His stall is closer to A&F entrance.

Hope it helps