Tailoring Question

Sep 25, 2008
Montreal
I am thinking about buying a jacket/blazer in a size 44 (12-ish US) and tailoring it to my size (38-40-ish/4-6 US). My question is: is this realistic? Will it be difficult to find a tailor who can do this? Also, does anyone have a ballpark figure of cost I'm looking at (in Can or US $)?

Here is a photo of the jacket:

jen_sparro

Jen
O.G.
Mar 27, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Well I know another girl on the forum has got a jacket taken from a size 12 to a size 0 and all up the cost around $250 to tailor. Look up the thread it is impressive. Just bear in mind with the pattern on your jacket the tailor will have quite a difficult job as he has to keep the panels etc so it may be a little more expensive. Good luck! :biggrin:

Found the thread for you: http://forum.purseblog.com/the-wardrobe/did-you-ever-go-crazy-i-altered-my-484731-4.html

Sep 25, 2008
Montreal
Ahhh, so it IS possible. But at a price. Hm. And you're right about the pattern making it more difficult. Oh, now I have a dilemma! Damn!

Thanks for the response and the link, tho, that's very helpful. :smile:

venusfly

Quality not Quantity. Less can be more!
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
New York City, USA
Is possible. But keep in mind that the skill and expertise of the tailor doing the alterations will greatly affect both the look of the altered jacket and also the cost of altering the jacket.

Sep 25, 2008
Montreal
Thanks Venusfly. I should have known that but a small part of me kept hoping it wouldn't be too pricey. I still have to make the decision whether or not to buy it. (it's Etro btw) Thanks for the comments!