Tailoring out of style clothes

Decolady

Aug 22, 2008
I have two coats from the early 90's that I would like to wear again, but they are seriously dated looking; one is a full length black leather coat, the other a red wool coat from LL Bean with toggle buttons. Does anybody know if it is possible to have them "redone" to look more up-to-date? Thanks!

Depends how much you want to do with it, and who you take it to. I had a vintage heavy coat taken in (not restyled) a few years ago and it cost about $50. The leather coat you would need to take to someone that specializes in leather, as they have the correct machinery/skills to do it.

Actually their are sites on the internet that do this for shoes, and coats (leather) yes, I think it will cost more than $100.
1. You need a definite plan as to what you would like your coat to be re-styled to look like.
2. You can leave it in the hands of the designer.
Please be sure that the leather is really good quality to begin with, and that you really feel that these things are worth saving.
Then google: repair, restyle leather

^ So just to clarify, you just want to save the garment, but it may take very well to restyling? Well:
1. Why not make a throw pillow? seriously, think about it. What a nice story it would tell.
the sentiment would be there, but at a much cheaper price and you may get more use out of it.