Taiga Florin in Alezan, Ardoise or Grizzli ?

senocs

O.G.
May 26, 2009
I'm thinking of buying a leather version of the Florin to replace my monogram Florin where the side varnishing wore off only after less than 1 year's of use. If I wanted to exclude models with the varnishing (which are all the models with canvas/leather - Damier and Mono) then I am really left with the Taiga for the Florin.

I like the Taiga range too but I just can't decide on which color for the Florin, which comes in Alezan, Grizzli, Ardoise. Just wanted to know what color do you guys prefer for the Taiga collection, especially wallets.

Looking forward to all your suggestions.

hiro1030

Mar 14, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't think you can go wrong with Ardoise.

In my case, my clothes, bags, shoes and other small accessories are usually black, dark gray, dark navy blue etc... So, I would purposely go with the brown side to bring out the contrast. Most of my spring & summer shirts are dark navy blue. So, I think I would go with Grizzli. Also, I think Taiga leather looks really good on that color IMHO.

Anyway, sorry to hear that the side varnishing wore off already. Do you put your wallet in your front pants pocket? I bought a Damier Ebene wallet recently, but maybe I should look for something from the Taiga line too!

- Hiro

Last edited:

senocs

O.G.
May 26, 2009
I don't think you can go wrong with Ardoise.

In my case, my clothes, bags, shoes and other small accessories are usually black, dark gray, dark navy blue etc... So, I would purposely go with the brown side to bring out the contrast. Most of my spring & summer shirts are dark navy blue. So, I think I would go with Grizzli. Also, I think Taiga leather looks really good on that color IMHO.

Anyway, sorry to hear that the side varnishing wore off already. Do you put your wallet in your front pants pocket? I bought a Damier Ebene wallet recently, but maybe I should look for something from the Taiga line too!

- Hiro

isn't grizzli very similar to alezan ?

Btw - I put my mono florin in my back pants pocket - does that explain why ?

hiro1030

Mar 14, 2010
Wisconsin
isn't grizzli very similar to alezan ?
I think so. I haven't seen Alezan in person yet, but it looks a bit lighter than Grizzli.

Btw - I put my mono florin in my back pants pocket - does that explain why ?
It seems like it.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/has-this-ever-happaned-571243.html

I usually put my Damier Ebene wallet in my front pants pocket, but if I wear a jacket, I put it in my jacket pocket just to be on the safe side.