Taiga Alexei or Damier Geant Messenger?

mcbg1

Sep 28, 2006
I am currently on my last day here in Italy and I was thinking of picking up a great city bag for school this fall (needs space for my laptop and some books). Those 2 models look the best to me but I'm open to some suggestions, please help me before I need to go to the LV store tomorrow :heart:

taiga alexei is more mature and luxurious whereas damier geant is more young and sporty. personally, i would pick the taiga. it depends on your personality i think!

I prefer taiga..my friend has damier geant messenger, it's not as durable as taiga. I saw the surface of the bag has rough spot from banging..it's not as durable as taiga..

Alexei is much more classy looking IMO
p11230979_ph_hero.jpg

The Alexei is gorgeous but beware!!! I had it for 2 weeks and had to exchange it out 3 times because the studs on the strap on the side tore up the leather on the flap!!! Other than that, it looks amazing!

i love the simplicity of the Damier Geant Messager, and i love the Taiga leather :girlsigh::tender:

have you considered the Taiga Viktor? it would be a combination of both the Messager style and Taiga leather :yes:. i bought one for my boyfriend and he's madly in love with it

p10332543_ph_hero.jpg

Personally if U are gona use it after u graduate go for the taiga, if u can afford to buy another bag when u start work, GO FOR GEANT, had mine since July and I don't know why bagsnbags says it's not as durable (maybe her friends IS REALLY ruff on stuff) but I have banged it into bleachers, cement walls and been caught in rain (I have two, one for school/banging and one for traveling/time when I am more careful) and this abuse is all being done with the school/banging bag and NOT ONE tear or rip and the water spots didn't come on because I used applegaurde aerosol and there are no marks on the leather or the canvas, no loose strings either! I LOVE them TO BITS!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I ended up picking up the Damier Geant Messenger, it felt more casual and I liked it better than the Taiga for school and everyday life, However I'm definitely planning on getting a more elegant bag in a few years when I start work.