tag heuer--discounted/authentic

emilu

O.G.
Oct 8, 2007
Hello,
I've decided to get myself a tag heuer watch, but I am also a discount shopper to the extreme. I understand that piece of mind of getting from an authorized dealer, and am actually considering that option as well but I wsa wondering if you folks had any advice/tips regarding the gray market as well as ebay.
I've purchased many authentic things on ebay successfully, often with the help of the lovely folks on this website. I don't know the first thing about authentic and fake watches though.
I know Rolexes are faked all the time, is it the same with Tag Heuer? would you consider buying one on ebay?

Any advice would be much appreciated! thanks!!!

onegirlcreative

Daddy's Little Girl
Feb 11, 2008
Dovunque voglia andare
i have a tag heuer that even though i purchased brand new years ago, i have heard that even these are faked. maybe not as often as a rolex or a cartier, but i have seen fake ones on the streets in nyc (this was many years ago).

i guess like any watch you would purchase through ebay, make sure the seller has some sort of receipt and/or certificate of authentication. tags come with an authenticity card (like chanel purses), so hopefully they can show you that. but like anything, i'm sure these can be faked, as well.

i wish i was more help, but i guess with ebay, it's always a risk buying any designer item on there.

i'm sure someone else will have a better suggestion. good luck.

euroaddict

O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Try Costco or Sam's Club. I helped my aunt pick one out for my uncle at Costco for really cheap. We ended picking an Aquaracer Quartz Chronograph and got it for $910. It came with all the paperwork, although no AD stamp.

schadenfreude

really
O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
^^^ Yes! I bought my SO a Tag from Costco years ago. A fabulous deal... although be warned, Tag won't guarantee it since it wasn't purchased from an authorized Tag retailer. What I mean by that is that they won't service it for free or take responsibility for its functionality.

titania029

O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Dallas
You can also try Amazon, Smartbargains.com or Overstock.com. Just make sure that you're buying from them directly and not through any 3rd party or auction on those sites.