tadelakt leather

My bolide doesn't get a lot of use, but it does have a lot of veining in the light color. If it does get scuffed, I don't notice because it's a bit puffy; I'd expect the blue to get scratchy because of the zippers, but so far, so good. Also, as I said, the Bolide (also) my Constance don't get a lot of use. I will say the Constance gets scratched because it's a pain to open. I can see the scratches. I forgot all about her! I think there is no bag that is not going to scratch, really, is there?

My bolide doesn't get a lot of use, but it does have a lot of veining in the light color. If it does get scuffed, I don't notice because it's a bit puffy; I'd expect the blue to get scratchy because of the zippers, but so far, so good. Also, as I said, the Bolide (also) my Constance don't get a lot of use. I will say the Constance gets scratched because it's a pain to open. I can see the scratches. I forgot all about her! I think there is no bag that is not going to scratch, really, is there?

:yes: Agreed. Thank you Balto Bag Lady

i noticed this about my Tadelakt items...that tadelakt doesn't develop the same shiny patina as Box. My boxcalf bag during it's maturing process (while sitting in a box, in the dark) actually developed a nice patina, while the tadelakt (also sitting in the dark in it's box) still looked rather matte. I guess if one is after the "glow", boxcalf is the leather of choice between the 2.

Hey, I just got a Kelly in Fauve Tadelakt and it's GORGEOUS!! I went to an Hermes boutique and spoke to a sales person who's been working for Hermes for the last 19 years and she showed me a leather sample of the same colour + leather combination. And you know what? Mine has developed a nice dark (reddish) patina compared to the sample. The sales lady said it's because it's a few years old (it's L stamp) and Tadelakt, like other types of leather, also develop a patina over time.

I LURVE my new Kelly. YAY!!

Hey, I just got a Kelly in Fauve Tadelakt and it's GORGEOUS!! I went to an Hermes boutique and spoke to a sales person who's been working for Hermes for the last 19 years and she showed me a leather sample of the same colour + leather combination. And you know what? Mine has developed a nice dark (reddish) patina compared to the sample. The sales lady said it's because it's a few years old (it's L stamp) and Tadelakt, like other types of leather, also develop a patina over time.

I LURVE my new Kelly. YAY!!

Congratulations! I would love to see a picture, please?! Mine is brand new (same color) and I'm really anxious to see how it ages. Please,please?

Btw, my bag has streaks and some scratches which don't seem to blend in like Box, but these are only noticeable if the bag is out in the sun/ exposed to very bright daylight. Otherwise, it'd just drop-dead GORGEOUS.

I'll try and post pics some time soon Not sure if I can capture streaks and/ or scratches, but I shall try.

ETA: Dharma, I shall try...very soon...promise!:smile:

Some pics of my new (to me) Fauve Tadelakt.

Fist of, front and back. Pls ignore the dark areas at the bottom of the bag. These are just shadows, there's no darkened area - the bag is near perfect.

Attachments

• Fauve Tadelakt_1.jpg
    Fauve Tadelakt_1.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 850
  • Fauve T_2.jpg
    Fauve T_2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 743
Reactions: Pias
Another pic - the colour is more true to life in this one.

Note that all the above pics are taken indoors in low lighting. Haven't taken any outdoors yet. In bright sunlight, the colour is even more orangy-reddish. Indoors, in even lower lighting, it looks more like a rich darker Gold colour. It's a real chameleon - I feel like I have more than one bag, for the price of one, he he...

Attachments

• Fauve T_3.jpg
    Fauve T_3.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 765
Last edited: