tadelak anyone?

I saw it in a lagoon constance in Vienna and had assumed it was swift until I checked with the SA. It certainly wasn't anywhere near as stiff as box. I agree it is more glossy than swift but it's still a similar feel to swift.

Costa, I saw the swatch some time ago, and I remember that my SA desribed it a as mix between Box and Swift: not as shiny as Box and softer.....Actually I asked your SA yesterday about Tadelakt and Veau Sikim, she said that she's only seen Tadelakt in accessories. But I also remember Angel's Tadelakt Birkin, so I really don't know. But it should be a very interesting leather! We can enquire further when we go together, I have to go this coming week to decide on the shawls!

Thank you Duna! Let me know when you want to go. I can't wait to see your shawl!:heart:

I saw it in a lagoon constance in Vienna and had assumed it was swift until I checked with the SA. It certainly wasn't anywhere near as stiff as box. I agree it is more glossy than swift but it's still a similar feel to swift.
OMG!!!! WHEN??
I would have bought int in a nanosecond!!:wtf::drool:

I've seen this leather IRL in Jige clutches, specifically, in griolet and poussiere. Honestly, not one of my favorites... the colors tend to turn out looking like watercolors... you can actually see the uneven shades throughout. The leather itself is close to box, but has more of a vintage look and has a patina sheen even from the start. I can see box lovers loving this leather, though.

Costa- it was gorgeous but too small for me. I am not sure of Constance sizes but I would estimate it was only about 20cm across and was about 3600 euros or thereabouts. It was 3 weeks ago and they also had a blue jean Constance in the same size in Chevre for around 3200 if i remember correctly. Both had PHW. The BJ really paled though next to the gorgeous colour of the lagoon. I would have snapped it up had it been bigger!

I bought this violet Globetrotter in Paris and the color seems to really pop. Since I don't own anything in box I cannot compare the two. I do have a swift HAC and this definitely has more of a sheen or shine.

Attachments

• agenda upclose.jpg
    agenda upclose.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 176
I have a wallet in tadelak...and love it! Scratches are minor...and as I use it the leather is softening up and becoming really nice.....I also love the way it feels to touch....

Just for those interested in trivia: originally, Tadelakt is a traditional Moroccan technique used by craftsmen on walls, and it refers to waterproof lime plaster polishing on walls. It is the usual finishing for the historical palaces. The aspect is very shiny, and the touch is extremely soft.
The leather items I've seen at the H shops are similarly very soft, and the colours shine throughout. I think it is lovely! And just noticed on the H website that they use it for bags as well!