tadelak anyone?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Do you have any info on the new lather Tadelak? I have seen small objects, but does H makes birkins in tadelak too?:confused1:

2. I think angel has a Birkin in tadelakt and I've seen a Kelly, so they definitely make bags of it.

3. Good question.....I wanted to know if it is similar to swift. It appears to be a smooth leather.

4. #4 Aug 10, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
    Thank you! I made a research but couldn't find anything.

5. I would like to know that too:confused1:

6. saw a jige in tadelak. in griolet no less! it was really gorgeous. for some reason.. dunno if it's the leather or the colour. u could see the veining. which is great on H products IMO. it's sheen is shinier than box. but b/c it was so smooth, can't bear to buy it because it won't go any further than the box. the leather seemed to precious to scratch!

7. Costa, I saw the swatch some time ago, and I remember that my SA desribed it a as mix between Box and Swift: not as shiny as Box and softer.....Actually I asked your SA yesterday about Tadelakt and Veau Sikim, she said that she's only seen Tadelakt in accessories. But I also remember Angel's Tadelakt Birkin, so I really don't know. But it should be a very interesting leather! We can enquire further when we go together, I have to go this coming week to decide on the shawls!

8. Tadelakt does seem to be a hybrid of box and swift. I have seen several clutches in this leather, but no larger bags as of yet.

9. I have seen/touched it in small accessories and as a leather swatch in the new colors--my sense is that it feels like a cross btwn box and swift as mentioned above; I was told that it was supposed to be a cross between box and barenia; and was also told that it would be made into larger pieces this year.

10. I have seen this leather in the leather book & it is very similar to Swift. In the book, it was right next to the Swift & I would not have known it was different had I not seen the label.

It looks & feels like a really lovely leather.

11. I know angel has a Tadelakt Birkin. I have a small wallet in Tadelakt and used it daily. I don't really like this leather. It didn't take the abuse too well the way Swift did, and unlike Box, the scratches are much more visible.

12. ^^^Great info!

13. I have a Jige Élan in Tadelakt - color is violet.
    It is a beautiful leather, just as described above.
    I am very pleased with the way it looks in the Jige Élan.

14. I feel that it is similar to Swift, but has more grain, sort of like a softer version of Evergrain.

15. I was told Tadelakt is new Box without the high maintenance. I've heard a couple of SA's calling it super-Box. I have seen a swatch and it has a beautiful sheen to it and was much less shiny than Box but equally as smooth.

I thought it was beautiful but wouldn't risk it with the rain we get over here