Tacky to Wear Rain Boots?

jello_1955

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
I'm going to a Christmas party at a restaurant that's a few blocks from where I live. It's suppose to rain and it doesn't make sense to take a cab (too hard to get one this time of year) or drive (there will be drinking). We want to walk but I've got some suede heels I'll be wearing.

Is it tacky to wear my rain boots there and change when I get there? I guess I can ask the host to hold them for me (it's a small place).

Thx!

depends on the weather...if it's dry when you head out...bring some small back up shoes in case it'll rain after dinner.
if it rains when you head out...def wear the rain boots and run into bathroom to change them. is there any coat check?

sure, why not? just change into the suede ones when you get there. why would it be tacky? it's just practical.

^^this! I often change shoes when I get to places :P. I live within walking distance to some of my favorite restaurants and bars in my area, and I oft prefer to walk (extra exercise!). I wear ballet flats to walk there, and carry heels/ankle boots etc and slip the ballet flats into my bag.

There's no reason to ruin your pretty shoes!

I totally understand your worry b/c u don't want to hassle anyone b/c i think like that but it's way smarter and you'll be way more comfy to wear the boots and change there :smile: (better to be happy and comfy!!)

Its not tacky, its smart and practical! In NYC a lot of the women who take the subway or walk are usually in sneakers or flats. Once they enter their offices, they switch into the heels, pump,s etc.