T3 FEATHERWEIGHT ($200) vs. EVOLUTION ($300) Dryer

jenna

*flower power*
O.G.
Jan 27, 2006
-----T3 Bespoke Labs FEATHERWEIGHT ($200) vs. EVOLUTION ($300) Dryer ------

I'm finally ready to purchase a T3 hairdryer with the help of the Sephora F&F code and am super excited about it. :nuts::yahoo:

Only problem is, I'm having a problem choosing between the Featherweight and Evolution versions. Some pros for stepping up to the Evolution I've heard is that the Featherweight may not be that sturdy, and the Evolution has more heat setting options.

Are there other things that make the Evolution worth the extra $100? Are the extra heat settings important? If there is basically no difference between the two, I'd rather save the $$, but if it's worth it, I'm willing to shell out the extra $$.

Any thought on which dryer? Any comparisons? Is the Evolution worth the extra $100?

Thanks in advance!! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

i own both and the evolution IS better BUT the featherweight is pretty good as well. I have really thick hair so the extra settings help dry my hair faster. the $300 is more powerful as wll (1800w vs 2000w). I think if you have tamable hair the $200 one is probably enough but of course I need to have the best so I just got the $300 one and will sell my $200 one.

I have both but now I'm only using the Evolution since I bought it last year. I do think it does a better job and the extra settings are great.

i am on my 2nd evolution. the first one lasted a year and a half before it died on me, and i only use it once or twice a month. and the first evolution as well as the second that i have now i hate because it always seems to over heat on me. i have long thick wavy hair that takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to dry it. and after turning it on and off every couple minutes as i go through each section, after 15 minutes or so it won't turn back on cause its too hot. and i have to wait 5 minutes for it to be cool again. i thought maybe it was a fluke with the first one and i just got a lemon, but the second acts just like the first. so disappointing in a $300 hair dryer. my next dryer is definitely gonna be a CHI. my hairdresser swears by hers.

I've had an Elchim hairdryer for 3 yrs with no problems at all and decided to update with the T. I love how my hair looks after blowdrying with T3 but the overheating is really upsetting me. Paying $300 for a hairdryer that overheats and you actually have to walk away for 5-10 minutes is ridiculous.... I cannot believe an expensive hairdryer like this overheats. I've used $20 blowdryers and never had them do this.... I definitely don't recommend the T3 for people with long or thick hair. Save your money and get an Elchim that is long lasting and trustworthy!