Sydney color help!

Sep 7, 2009
Hi fellow coachies,
After all the lovely reveals of outlet Sydneys in Teal I am regretting I bought one at FP( in Black). I want a work bag . I called my outlet. They have the teal.... black still at FP they said. What should I do ? Return Black and buy teal ? The difference is more than 400$ of money . But Sydney is my HG. What do you think of Teal for work ? I have only used Black or brown. Help me decide. DH thinks the wholething is a waste of time and I should just return the black and end the issue.

the teal is a pretty colour imho, but not everyone would feel this way, if you have seen it in real life and like it, it will work for work clothes (which are usually more towards the monochrome anyway then color, and teal will pop against black, greys and whites)

but if you really love the black, i'd stick with the black..heck..if the price was an issue for me, i'd take my chances and return the black and just hunt for it in the outlets should it/when it--gets there..thats just me if i had an outlet nearby (which i don't) tho

I say buy the Teal and compared both together.....keep the one you love the most..heck if I would have found black and teal I would have bought the black that's because I LOVE Black bags...but the Teal is a nice color and 400.00 is a BIG difference

I just got back from the outlet and saw about 6-7 Sydneys out! I saw the Teal, White, Grey patent textured, and a bone/cream croc. They didn't have black. I personally liked the Teal the best of what I saw, but if I was a dressier person I would have gotten the bone/cream croc. But I think the nice thing about the Teal is that is can be dressed up or down. But it depends if it works with your wardrobe. If you wear alot of color in your clothes I would keep the black, I don't think the black is at the outlet.

ugh that makes me wish i had one near me
i hate buying stuff before inspecting so phone order is out of question..

and black is usually last to go..not sure if they will delete yet since there are new color/pattern of that sydney out/coming out

Glad it happened before I started to enjoy my PCE purchase . I would regret it even more if I started using it. Now I get to make a choice atleast. Wonder why they deleted teal,white and bone. They propably didnot sell?? Thanks for all your help. I will have to decide by morning.

I saw the teal today. It's beautiful. I guess it all depends on what color clothing you normally wear and if it would match. I think for a $400 difference, I'd go for teal.

Get the teal! You can get a black bag anytime with the $400 you'll save by picking teal. Plus, summer's almost here and the teal color will work nicely for summer.

I'd get the teal as well. Not only is cheaper but you can get any other black bag any time. If the black was an exotic embossed then my choice would be different.

Glad it happened before I started to enjoy my PCE purchase . I would regret it even more if I started using it. Now I get to make a choice atleast. Wonder why they deleted teal,white and bone. They propably didnot sell?? Thanks for all your help. I will have to decide by morning.

I imagine that black is the most popular color, that's why they haven't deleted it yet. All of these Sydney colors/textures that are popping up at the outlets are gorgeous and I am sure that you will not regret whatever color you decide to go with.

But I am glad that they only had a single, teal bag out last night. I knew instantly that I wanted her and I didn't have to agognize over whether or not she was the best choice.

In truth, if they had had other choices I probably would have gone with a more neutral color. I am a practical and conservative person (and that's not a bad thing but it's probably the reason that I keep buying black bags!)

I am so happy that I didn't have that option last night! I've been wanting to add color to my purse wardrobe for some time but somehow I just haven't allowed myself to do it. Now that my purse wardrobe includes a flamboyant teal bag I am certain that it will be much easier for me to select more colorful choices in the future.

And I am already finding that she goes beautifully with many items in my wardrobe - black, brown, gray, white, khaki/tan, navy, peach - and I am sure that I will find many more optons. This beauty is going to get a lot of use! And she adds a great pop of gorgeous, rich color to my outfits. Today I wore her with a neutral peach, white, khaki combo and I received several "you look very nice today!" and "great purse!" compliments. (Of course, I was beaming and carrying myself with distinction because I felt so great carrying her - so that may have been a factor in getting all these unexpected compliments!)

My husband is a wonderful guy but he does NOT share my admiration for fine leather goods, but he liked my new teal Sydney! When I showed it to him he exclaimed "Wow, now that's a purse! Nice color!" (High praise, indeed!)

The bottom line is that you know yourself better than anyone else. Don't buy the bag that you don't like the best just because it's a good deal and don't pass on a colorful bag just because it seems safer and more practical.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

Last edited:
I would keep the black if you know its the one you love. Although I am dying inside because I am a poor college student and I just paid FP for the Silver Metallic Sydney and now everyone and their mom will have one from the outlet. I completely deleted my bank account, and I bought it like seriously only 2 weeks ago. ;____; sorry to hijack your thread to whine!

I agree with katev....if you feel black is more practical for your life go with it. I have a more casual lifestyle so I liked the teal as it can be dressed down a bit if required or dressed up. And I think with the structure and beauty of this bag the teal color will not look bad to take to work especially in the spring summer season.

I have the Teal one on hold. Will check it out and let you know which one I am keeping. I loved the Teal when I saw it at the FP store but ended up buying black as usual. I will check it out for sure this time. Thanks all!