Switching to Balenciaga....

ab_gee

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Hi everyone I am new in the forum and never had a Balenciaga before. I always carried an LV and wanted to try something new.
Please help me out to pick my first Bal...
I wanted something that can be carried on hand and be shoulder/cross body as well. any suggestions?
are Bal hard to maintain, what are the common problems to foresee, does it fade or gets easliy scratched?

I will appreciate all the responses:biggrin:

Velo. definitely a velo. Color? That depends on what colors you like and wear. I personally tend towards neutrals and black, but Balenciaga does some very wild and beautiful colors. Get what makes you feel good and it's all good!

Read about the colors and styles in the Bal reference thread so you know very well.
The neutrals are a good place to start but the bright colors are TDf!!!

Hi everyone I am new in the forum and never had a Balenciaga before. I always carried an LV and wanted to try something new.
I wanted something that can be carried on hand and be shoulder/cross body as well. any suggestions?
are Bal hard to maintain, what are the common problems to foresee, does it fade or gets easliy scratched?

Im not going to lie, Balenciaga are a lot more prone to wear and tear then LVs. LVs to me are indestructible. With my Balenciaga im really careful that it doesnt rub again doors and chairs and i try not to carry them in the rain. HOweveeeerrr Balenciagas are simply gorgeous and i welcome you to the dark side! A "velo" would be a good size to start with, but if you want a style that is more popular the "part time" is perfect as well.

I am a totaly LV girl and just started with Bal. I asked the same question as you so you might want to check out my thread. http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/my-first-bal-velo-or-maxi-twiggy-707572.html

In one month, I bought three BBags: City, Twiggy, and Besace.

Just about everything in Bal has both handheld and shoulder/crossbody option. I have a Twiggy (not Maxi Twiggy) I am able to wear it crossbody. I actually prefer to wear it crossbody vs. shoulder. I am 5" 2' and 110lb.

I will try to take some pics tomorrow and post them.
So far, I think the bag has held up great with rain and I love the soft squish feel of the leather. Bal straps are so comfertable compare to LV. Don't get me wrong... I still love my LV bags.

I am a totaly LV girl and just started with Bal. I asked the same question as you so you might want to check out my thread. http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/my-first-bal-velo-or-maxi-twiggy-707572.html

In one month, I bought three BBags: City, Twiggy, and Besace.

Just about everything in Bal has both handheld and shoulder/crossbody option. I have a Twiggy (not Maxi Twiggy) I am able to wear it crossbody. I actually prefer to wear it crossbody vs. shoulder. I am 5" 2' and 110lb.

I will try to take some pics tomorrow and post them.
So far, I think the bag has held up great with rain and I love the soft squish feel of the leather. Bal straps are so comfertable compare to LV. Don't get me wrong... I still love my LV bags.

I am 5'2 as well and was looking at velo and town. It is good to know from somebody who cross over because you can relate to me. The issues with LV that you mentioned like some styles have uncomfortable straps and can't wore anything vachetta in the rain. I will look into Twiggy, I just want to make sure which will not have color transfer.
That will be great to see some modeling pics to help me decide. Thanks

i think a black city would be a good place to start since its very versatile and a classic piece that you can always use. the city is a good size and with black you wont have to worry about color transfers like with some of the lighter colored bags.

I am also new to Bal bags, and quickly becoming obsessed! I just purchased my first bag, black city with GGH, am anxiously waiting for it to arrive in the mail! The more research I do on these bags, the more in love I fall with all of the colors--and there are several beautiful choices coming up for S/S 2012. I am starting to wonder if I will regret choosing black as my first Bal bag--although I do think it is a classic that I will carry for a long time. Has anyone else felt this way? I'm becoming color-obsessed! Do you all still love your black Bal bags? Or you think color is the way to go?

^^^ you made a wonderful choice as your first Bal bag!! You should not have any worries!!
I started collecting Bals in neutral colors (except for the woven lattice as my 2nd bag- thought this would satisfy my need for the Bal pop colors: all in one bag) but when the pop colors started coming out be by one, it was instant love and I knew that one bag having all the colors cannot satisfy me. Now, since I have all the colors I may want and then some, I will let go of my woven lattice bag to someone dear to me who will lovingly her use her more than I ever did.

I am also new to Bal bags, and quickly becoming obsessed! I just purchased my first bag, black city with GGH, am anxiously waiting for it to arrive in the mail! The more research I do on these bags, the more in love I fall with all of the colors--and there are several beautiful choices coming up for S/S 2012. I am starting to wonder if I will regret choosing black as my first Bal bag--although I do think it is a classic that I will carry for a long time. Has anyone else felt this way? I'm becoming color-obsessed! Do you all still love your black Bal bags? Or you think color is the way to go?

Actually during my journey with Bal, I've bought and sold many but I still return to my black city. It's my fav bag.

i believe that a black RH city would make a perfect first bal. its classic and you will always be able to match it with anything that you wear. Def a classical perfect first choice IMO