switching skin products bad for your skin?

Bellelovely

Aug 4, 2008
Hey guys, I've been using Clinique products for about a year and a half and while it's very good, it's very expensive in my opinion. I've been curious about Patricia Wexler products ( u know the ones u can buy at BBW).
has anyone used their anti-aging starter kit?
I've been concerned with my skin aging process and I just wanna know if this stuff will work or not.

I dont think its bad to switch skin products. After using Pro Activ I found out it is best to switch, every couple months. I heard that after awhile your skin gets immune to the product and just stops working. That happened to me when I used PA, after I switched to Murads Acne Complex and it worked perfectly skin cleared up and everything. Now I feel as if its not working anymore again, I've used it for almost a year now.. I need to find another skin care regimen. Off to Sephora! haha

I think its only bad when you switch and start breaking out, or it causes rashes, dryness etc. I think your skin has to adjust though.

I switch around now and then. But every time I switch, I anticipate breaking out at least a little bit for the first week or two. I think each product makes the toxins react a little differently and causes your skin to break out a bit at first, but then it goes away and you can settle into your new skincare regime.

I don't think Patricia Wexler is much cheaper than Clinique? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong stuff.

I use Kiehl's, LUSH and MAC skincare, and switch back and forth depending on how I feel.

I never heard that switching can be bad unless your skin is already allergic/sensitive to the ingredients in the new product.

I switch around now and then. But every time I switch, I anticipate breaking out at least a little bit for the first week or two. I think each product makes the toxins react a little differently and causes your skin to break out a bit at first, but then it goes away and you can settle into your new skincare regime.

ITA. Switching skin products is okay, in fact it can be good for some people. For me, my skin becomes tolerant to certain products; thus the products become ineffective. I used Proactiv for years, but then it stopped working and just dried out my skin. So I quit that.

I always break out a little when I switch my skin products. After maybe a week, my skin calms down and then the product really takes effect.

I don't think Patricia Wexler is much cheaper than Clinique? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong stuff.

I use Kiehl's, LUSH and MAC skincare, and switch back and forth depending on how I feel.
I am using the MAC cleansing oil, like it so far. How do you like Kiehls??
I have heard that it is good to switch skincare every once in a while too. I did think that Patricia Wexler was more costly than Clinique though.

I never heard that switching can be bad unless your skin is already allergic/sensitive to the ingredients in the new product.

yup me too. switching isn't bad for you i'm sure, my mom buys me new stuff all the time. except for cetaphil, always have that in the shower. always :smile: i've used it since i was little. i think as long as you're not allergic to a main ingredient you will be fine.

If Clinique is working great for you, I would personally keep using them. But since price is a concern, I would look at what kind of ingredients Clinique uses and see if you can find similar products instead of switching to something all together. If you just want to give the B&BW line a shot, then perhaps ease into the line by replacing one product at time?