Switching SA after 10 months with No Offers...

docfancypants

Apr 28, 2021
Hi everyone, I’m thinking of switching SAs. I’ve had the same SA for 10 months and have not gotten any bag offers.
Do you guys think I should switch? If so, should I switch at the same store or go to a different store altogether.
I’m in Orange County, so I can go to Beverly Hills or San Diego relatively easily. Any tips or thoughts would help! Thanks!

The issue is likely irrelevant to your individual SA or store but rather that your profile isn’t competitive enough with other H clients to be considered for the limited bag supply. It’s not a guarantee or a triggering event but you should expect to spend around a 1:1 ratio in order to be considered for your first bag offer (and it’s best if this amount does not include other bag purchases for quickest results). I would stay loyal with your current SA and store as to not forfeit the purchase history and continue purchasing other items on your wishlist. If you get to the point where you’ve spent 2-3 times what the bag costs, and assuming you aren’t looking for an exact combo in the hottest most limited current spec, then it’s time to reevaluate what the problem is. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I’m thinking of switching SAs. I’ve had the same SA for 10 months and have not gotten any bag offers.
Do you guys think I should switch? If so, should I switch at the same store or go to a different store altogether.
I’m in Orange County, so I can go to Beverly Hills or San Diego relatively easily. Any tips or thoughts would help! Thanks!

Have you actually asked for a quota bag?
Or have you just assumed an SA expects that that is the goal of every customer?

I've spent at least 2:1 in the last two years and haven't gotten an offer and I only asked very recently for a quota bag. I'm not too worried about getting something right away but feel like it will happen.

So to the other posts point, how clear have you been about what you want? Also how specific is your ask? If you loosen requirements that could also help an offer along.

The issue is likely irrelevant to your individual SA or store but rather that your profile isn’t competitive enough with other H clients to be considered for the limited bag supply. It’s not a guarantee or a triggering event but you should expect to spend around a 1:1 ratio in order to be considered for your first bag offer (and it’s best if this amount does not include other bag purchases for quickest results). I would stay loyal with your current SA and store as to not forfeit the purchase history and continue purchasing other items on your wishlist. If you get to the point where you’ve spent 2-3 times what the bag costs, and assuming you aren’t looking for an exact combo in the hottest most limited current spec, then it’s time to reevaluate what the problem is. Good luck.
Thanks for the reassurance. I def agree w everything you’ve said here. I guess I’m just questioning ‘cause my fiancé said that it seems my SA doesn’t really click with me. My fiancé has gone in with me several times. So I don’t know if maybe the SA is not the one for me or vice versus lol.

Catin

You have to make your basic parameters clear otherwise you might get offered bags that are colours or sizes that would be wrong for you and you would then be concerned about rejecting an offer and all that angst. You are going to be spending thousands, so it needs to be something that you like, want and will use. If you requirements are very specific, it might take longer for what you want to become available.
That is surely better than purchasing and regretting.
Obviously a little flexibility can be helpful.

I've spent at least 2:1 in the last two years and haven't gotten an offer and I only asked very recently for a quota bag. I'm not too worried about getting something right away but feel like it will happen.

So to the other posts point, how clear have you been about what you want? Also how specific is your ask? If you loosen requirements that could also help an offer along.
Eesh, 2 years?! Do you like your SA and feel he/she is going to help you?
And ya, I’ve been specific about my specs. I’ve thought about loosening it, but I really really really want my holy grail , which I know is incredibly hard to get- k25 black and gold, but I’m flexible w leather and whether sellier or retourne ‍♀️‍♀️

You have to make your basic parameters clear otherwise you might get offered bags that are colours or sizes that would be wrong for you and you would then be concerned about rejecting an offer and all that angst. You are going to be spending thousands, so it needs to be something that you like, want and will use. If you requirements are very specific, it might take longer for what you want to become available.
That is surely better than purchasing and regretting.
Obviously a little flexibility can be helpful.
You’re totally rt!

Thanks for the reassurance. I def agree w everything you’ve said here. I guess I’m just questioning ‘cause my fiancé said that it seems my SA doesn’t really click with me. My fiancé has gone in with me several times. So I don’t know if maybe the SA is not the one for me or vice versus lol.

Thanks for the clarifications.
Your fiancé can probably sense what you don't.
I really can appreciate your dilemma.
It seems that you have got to face up to your SA.
Take your fiancé with you and ask your SA outright when she is going to get you a bag.
The word is 'when' not 'if'.
You will have to take the conversation on from there, but don't allow yourself to be played.
In the back of your mind you will be thinking of what you have spent in that store.
In the front of you mind remember that stores are there to sell items.
However modest you might think your spending is compared with other shoppers there, no store would want to loose the regular client that you have been. Keep that thought in your head.

Last edited:

Let me be brutally honest - I have seen your previous posts of what you’ve spent so far - the reason your SA is not clicking with you is because your spend is nowhere near enough for a K25 Gold/Black and you are asking for it.

Girl, she will not miss you as a client. I’m sorry that’s the hard truth.

Edit: of course if you’ve recently purchased a lot more since what you shared in the Las Vegas thread disregard what I said.

Last edited:
Let me be brutally honest - I have seen your previous posts of what you’ve spent so far - the reason your SA is not clicking with you is because your spend is nowhere near enough for a K25 Gold/Black and you are asking for it.

Girl, she will not miss you as a client. I’m sorry that’s the hard truth.

Edit: of course if you’ve recently purchased a lot more since what you shared in the Las Vegas thread disregard what I said.
I appreciate the honesty! I need the tips and advice, so honesty is best :smile: And no I haven’t made it to Vegas yet so no additional purchases made since my post you saw.
But I’m trying to see if a) just wait till Vegas b) spend the money on rtw and fine jewelry w my existing SA or c) switch SAs locally...
I’ve now created a list of rtw and fine jewelry in hopes of it helping as someone stated in the Vegas thread. But trying to decide on which of the 3 to do...
What do you think?

I appreciate the honesty! I need the tips and advice, so honesty is best :smile: And no I haven’t made it to Vegas yet so no additional purchases made since my post you saw.
But I’m trying to see if a) just wait till Vegas b) spend the money on rtw and fine jewelry w my existing SA or c) switch SAs locally...
I’ve now created a list of rtw and fine jewelry in hopes of it helping as someone stated in the Vegas thread. But trying to decide on which of the 3 to do...
What do you think?

I think you can safely strike out c. It’s not your SA’s problem, your spend will not get your SM to approve a K25 for you so it doesn’t matter which SA you work with. And you will be giving the impression that you are expecting one of the hottest bags, one many people spend 2 to more ratios for, when you only bought what you bought, so new SAs will be wary of your expectations and frankly I know some who won’t even want to take over such a customer because they know they can’t do it either.

I think Vegas is definitely more friendly / open towards the “drop 10k and mention a bag” method because it has a large touristy/remote clientele. If your RTW and jewelry wishlist is guaranteed to hit a good number at Vegas, it is worth a try. What happens if they don’t have what you want in stock though? Are you willing to spend on whatever they have in store to hit the number? And be prepared for this number to be more than 10k given your wishlist. Note this needs to be for your spend purely with a Vegas SA; your OC history won’t matter here.

If you want to continue locally, SCP is on the competitive side - many members have shared this info around the forum. Still, if you are able to find enough other goodies you love to purchase a local relationship can often be worth it. I would give Vegas a try first, and you may want to put it on your partner’s profile instead of yours (assuming he doesn’t have one). If you don’t get anything in Vegas then work and build your local relationship (obviously you also have a couple tries in Vegas given there are multiple stores). You are after some very popular specs / sought after / competitive to get bags. Be patient and be generous.

Edit:
By the way, I do think things eventually “balance out”. This is just my personal theory…but let’s say store A is super competitive with many $$$$ customers driving up the spend, while store B is a quick trip away and has less competition / easier offers, then people will catch on and go over to the other store. If it’s easy for you to make a trip…it’s also easy for others. I’ve often come across the advice of “try Vegas” (or Hawaii which is another touristy store) but well, if everyone starts trying…

Last edited: