Switching Chanel to Balenciaga

bobo_sg

Aug 6, 2010
Chanel price is going up and up and I felt guilty to spent US$3k-US$5k above on a bag taking into consideration I own 3 Chanel bag. I am switching to Balenciaga but my heart still with Chanel. Total dilemma. I will try to love Balenciaga. All Chanel owners, do you own a Baleniaga?

Chanel price is going up and up and I felt guilty to spent US$3k-US$5k above on a bag taking into consideration I own 3 Chanel bag. I am switching to Balenciaga but my heart still with Chanel. Total dilemma. I will try to love Balenciaga. All Chanel owners, do you own a Baleniaga?
I have two Balenciaga city bags with giant hardware and I :heart: them. They are a lot roomier then my classic flaps and come in array of different colors each season. However Chanel and Balenciaga are two totally different looking brands. If you like the classy Chanel look, maybe you can try Dior? Dior recently came out with a new bag called MissDior and it reminds me of my Chanel flaps.

I agree that Bbag and Chanels are totally different. Having gone thru a series of buying n selling I finally scaled down to a few chanel bags that I will use to death. And due to the madness in price increase for Chanel, I took a second look at bal. I now only own a coq city in my ideal hw and I think it's a great bag to have besides the classy chanels. It's always good to diversify too ! :smile:

bobo_sg said:

Just chanced upon this thread!

Was mad over Chanel for like 5 years... then after all the buying and selling and ridiculous price hikes, I am down to 3 as well.

Since mid this year I have branched into Celine, Mulberry and now I just bought my first Bal!

Initially it was a little weird, or scary even buying diff brands but I am glad I have diversified as the different brands have different looks and different uses :smile:

Balenciaga will never fill your Chanel void! It sounds like you're just talking yourself into loving balenciaga. Stick to what you love even if you only have a few key pieces! It's much better than settling.

pamelala06 said:
Balenciaga will never fill your Chanel void! It sounds like you're just talking yourself into loving balenciaga. Stick to what you love even if you only have a few key pieces! It's much better than settling.

Agree!! :smile:

I agree too, there is a huge difference in quality in my opinion and also Chanel is just More chic! That is why you pay more for a Chanel flap.

Remember girls it's Quality not Quantity. I'd much rather not eat or pay my rent but I'll carry my eviction papers in a Chanel bag over 10 Bals or Mulberrys ANYDAY. :graucho:

Chanelite said:
I agree too, there is a huge difference in quality in my opinion and also Chanel is just More chic! That is why you pay more for a Chanel flap.

Remember girls it's Quality not Quantity. I'd much rather not eat or pay my rent but I'll carry my eviction papers in a Chanel bag over 10 Bals or Mulberrys ANYDAY. :graucho:

Love it!!! :smile:

I'm a Bal girl at heart. I just start looking into Chanel earlier this year and hurried myself to build up a collection just before the price increase in June.

Like some other said, Bal and Chanel are totally different. For me, Bal gives out the free spirited look while Chanel send a very prim and dress up message. I'm more of the regular hardware Bal though.

I find myself more relax with Bal while I feel like I have to be more careful with my flaps. And I'm more self conscious more carrying a flaps since that interlocking CC is so well recognized. So I wear my flaps to the dressy places only and wear my Bal anywhere else.

However, the heart wants what the heart wants. Don't force yourself into loving something because of whatever you think so "logical". You won't win it. Chances are you will sell off your Bal at a loss then go back to Chanel. You have to love it to carry it. With that said, have you ever try one on?

Try something more dressy and lady-like such as Dior or Celine if you want to spend less on your bags. You may find it's more of your comfort zone. Or sticking with Chanel but buy less and pick only the piece you really like. Don't impulse buy.

I think Balenciaga is a great brand and their handbags are great. But don't buy any if you think it's just for the sake of price.

I'm a Bal girl at heart. I just start looking into Chanel earlier this year and hurried myself to build up a collection just before the price increase in June.

Like some other said, Bal and Chanel are totally different. For me, Bal gives out the free spirited look while Chanel send a very prim and dress up message. I'm more of the regular hardware Bal though.

I find myself more relax with Bal while I feel like I have to be more careful with my flaps. And I'm more self conscious more carrying a flaps since that interlocking CC is so well recognized. So I wear my flaps to the dressy places only and wear my Bal anywhere else.

However, the heart wants what the heart wants. Don't force yourself into loving something because of whatever you think so "logical". You won't win it. Chances are you will sell off your Bal at a loss then go back to Chanel. You have to love it to carry it. With that said, have you ever try one on?

Try something more dressy and lady-like such as Dior or Celine if you want to spend less on your bags. You may find it's more of your comfort zone. Or sticking with Chanel but buy less and pick only the piece you really like. Don't impulse buy.

I think Balenciaga is a great brand and their handbags are great. But don't buy any if you think it's just for the sake of price.

:tup: well said!

Vink...thanks for your advise. What you have said is really true... the heart yearns for Chanel and I should save and be picky to buy my next Chanel:hbeat:

I agree. I have a Mulberry Alexa and the leather really looks like crap. Seriously, it's awful. So I started to be more picky about my bags.