Swingpack Question

I recently bought a swingpack for my trip to Disney World. Now I am a big girl and so when I received it, I put it on and it wasn't really long on me. The purse part came to like right under my breast. It wasn't uncomfortable but it looked kinda funny! So I returned it because I didn't think I would use it. But now I am rethinking that decision because I don't know what to carry now on my trip. So I guess my questions are a) Would I look stupid wearing it like that?
b) If I didn't get another one, what could I carry that would be easy to carry around that I wouldn't have to use my hands for?

And my other question is how much do the swingpacks hold? I'm looking to probably carry my mini skinny with money and stuff, my camera, and cell phone. Will that all fit? TIA!

This may sound like a silly question but did you have the strap pulled out all of the way? I just bought a swingpack and can wear it three ways: strap all the way extended so it's long/crossbody, strap all the way up so it's more like a purse/shorter strapped duffle, strap all the way up and open the clasp and hook it around my waist almost like a fanny pack. When I pulled it out of the bag, the SA had put it in the bag with the strap all the way up/cinched. I'll post pics once I find my :cursing: cardreader which has disappeared...

i just bought a swingpack this weekend. i am also 5'11" and 6 months pregnant so i was afraid it would be short. it hangs right around my waist but i had to pull the strap alllll the way out.

as far as what it holds, my DH got it for me because i always carry HUGE bags. this forces me to only carry the necessities.

what i carry:
- 30G ipod in front pocket
- Palm Treo case on the strap
- wristlet with ID, cards, cash, lipgloss, lipstick and mini mascara
- keys
- Sephora travel powder blush
- compact
- hand cream

I thought it would look overstuffed but it doesn't. i am pretty sure you could fit everything you want into yours.

have fun at Disney!

I bought this exact bag off eBay two weeks ago and used it down at Disney World last week. The strap on this one IS longer. Usually I can make the straps on swing packs short enough for me to use them around my waist, but the strap on this one was MUCH longer than other swing packs I own.

for reference...this is the Hamptons swing pack from 2005 (2006?) and the style number on this one was 6573

I bought this bag off ebay for 40 dollars brand new, but in pink! The regular swing pack is too short for me and fully extended it looked too high for my taste. I am not a small girl either at a size 18/20, and this hamptons one is wonderful for me! It hits me below the waist and doesnt cut in between my boobs too bad.

It's also a little bigger and could hold all the stuff you need to take!

I would search ebay for this one!

Attachments

• DSCN1518.JPG
    DSCN1518.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 67
Thank you all so much! Yes I did pull the strap out all the way and it wasn't any longer. I am going to look now for one of those longer ones on ebay although i'm leaving sunday and don't know if i'll get it in time but we'll see! Thanks again for eveyone's help!

I can't help you with a Coach swingpack, I do have a Vera Bradley hipster which isn't Coach, but they are longer and will go nice and long and actually hold a little more.

Have a great time at Disneyworld!! I'm so jealous, its been a few years since I've been able to get down there. Be sure to go by the outlet malls there if you have a chance, there is a Coach outlet there!

Hi. I just got back this afternoon from Disneyland. I went to great lengths figuring out what bag to take.........finally did the swing. MISERABLE. I am 5'4, about 125, and I felt like it was so confining. But worse than that...everything got so crammed in, camera, loose credit cards, hand sanitizer, and keys. It was not fun....drove me nuts all day. Sunglasses didn't fit. I noticed everyone's bags...I would defnitely do something that zips all the way shut, and goes over the shoulder comfortable. I think next time I'm going to bring my duffle. Hope this helps.