Swimwear trend: 50's vibe

Kpassa

Mar 20, 2008
http://www.thefashiontime.com/2008/05/swimwear-trend-50s-vibe/

This season we have a new alternative for bikinis. Many designers have been inspired by the 1950’s style of bathing suits, and now, one-piece swimwear is making a comeback this summer. From bandeau-shaped to great sporty styles, these swimsuits embody old world Hollywood glamour. The flattering fifties swimsuit silhouette and modern touches are a perfect blend of old and new.

Credits: Style.com, Corbis

Love this look in swimwear! And most of the retro-styles are actually more flattering to the hips than things like boy shorts. With one-piece suits they really de-emphasize the hips. In a lot of those pictures, I actually prefer the real older picture to the new ones. And there are some great examples of the look in the swimsuit thread, too.

Last edited:
I've been trying to find a 50's inspired swimsuit for a while now ... this one was on ebay a few weeks back and I lost -.-

Attachments

• vintage swimsuit 1.jpg
    vintage swimsuit 1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 377
I saw this retro suit from Juicy last weekend at Nordstrom. I fell in love with it bt didn't buy it because I thought everyone else would think I'm crazy. Now I am reconsidering.

_5588781.jpg

The funny thing is that I usually try to avoid anything Juicy, and I usually opting for skimpy bikinis...but this is too cute to resist.

I adore that Juicy suit... really pretty!!!!!

I like the 50s style swim suits, i think a lot of them are really classic designs which dont necessarily even have to be on trend, you might get a couple of summers out of them at least.

I love the 50s style! I like the ones from the actual old photos better actually. Urban Outfitters has some in this style.

They're really cute but my abdomen area is huge (thin arms and legs though) so I feel like I'd look so weird in them!

I'm so glad I went shopping with my friend yesterday afternoon cause I found the swimsuit I had been looking for a long time now ^^ It had hidden on the rack at a place called American Vintage and this swim suit is the real deal but it looks oh so much better when I'm actually wearing it

Attachments

• IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 220