Swimming/bathing in Cartier BB or tank?

I have a beater gold Rolex (it was my grandmothers) and Rolex last serviced it almost ten years ago saying that they could not guarantee it would keep on going. And yet, here we are. It could probably withstand a hurricane. Same with an old GMT. Sadly, I am careless and clumsy with watches, but prefer the aesthetics of a Cartier, IWC, JLC, or other. My two tone Cartier tank (which seems more sturdy than a BB) is wonky when briefly submerged (dishes). . . My stainless pasha C is a bit better So long as the button is screwed in. I used to have a santos that could take more of a beating, but it really showed wear and tear. So, no I wouldn’t go swimming with a BB regularly, but YMMV. I sadly missed my chance at a pink gold la Dona Cartier (DH intensely disliked it at the time) and now they are discontinued, so I’m searching for one. But, if I find one, it won’t even go with me into the shower. I don’t think Cartier’s are meant to get wet.

I can't imagine wearing a watch with an alligator strap in the water. My Hermes watch has an alligator (or croc) band it has water marks from washing my hands. I wear my waterproof watches in showers/gym etc. but not others. Just easier to take it off or wear a different watch.
Surprisingly, the strap was totally fine since it was a basic black strap. I have another baby pink strap that had color transfer just from normal wear, so some straps are more delicate than others. I conditioned the “midnight swim” strap and called it a day. It’s definitely not recommended, but at the time I didn’t really think about it. Luckily, no damage was incurred from the water exposure. As intended Cartier watches are not recommended for water activities, but I also don’t think it’s the end of the world if it happens a couple of times.

Reactions: escamillo
The Ballon Bleu, and the Tank are only rated to 30m, which is the lowest rating of water resistance and it is generally not advisable to wear them in water. Basically, it is ok if they gets splashed with water but they should not be submerged or worn for swimming.

Some experts say one should only wear a watch in water if it is water resistant to at least 100 meters. In addition, even if a watch has that level of water resistance, you are supposed to bring the watch to a service shop and have it pressure tested every 18 months to 2 years if it is being worn in water. The rubber gaskets in the watch case that keep the watch water resistant can dry out and crack in which case water can get into your watch and ruin the movement and dial.