swift vs clemence

I have a swift 30...is great in that size. I think it might be too soft any larger. Swift for a lindy...haven't taken my new baby yet...still in the admiring stage. Clemance if you want one that you won't have to "baby" at all.

definitely swift over clemence. Both are slouchy leather but swift slouches more elegantly in my opinion No offence but clemence birkins can look "wrinkly" sometimes....

definitely swift over clemence. Both are slouchy leather but swift slouches more elegantly in my opinion No offence but clemence birkins can look "wrinkly" sometimes....

archangel--i think i love you (love your "name") --this is what i think but i have lost confidence in myself (re Hermes). I was hoping someone would say this .........was starting to think I was alone............:smile:

i'd definitely pick swift! i prefer smooth, non-grainy leathers, and i find the whole look of swift much more pleasing to the eye than clemence, particularly in lighter colours. However if you're thinking about practicality and lower maintenence, then perhaps clemence would be better?

I would pick Swift over Clemence. I like smooth and lightweight leather for my bags. I enjoy my swift Kelly flat sellier and gulliver/swift mousepad a lot. I have a travel Birkin and Sac a Depeche in Clemence and both are heavy. I guess I'm more a fan of smooth leathers that are soft or velvety to the touch like swift, barenia, box, chamonix, and evergrain.

I have a 30 cm swift Birkin and it's not overly slouchy
I also have a 28 cm clemence Kelly
You can't go wrong with either but I really like the suble sheen of swift.