Swift or Evergrain: which is better...

I have an ebene evergraine 30cm birkin and I have to say it is an incredibly beautiful leather. My other birkins and kelly are all togos, and I say the evergraine is a lot lighter than the togo. The handfeel is fantastic! It is soft but firm, and the bag doesn't slouch and doesn't batwing. I've not scratched the bag but one time I noticed a minor scruff on a corner and I rubbed on it, and it disappeared.

I was offered a few swift birkins at the mothership but I passed on them when I got to touch and feel them because I felt that they were a little too soft for me. The grain looks thinner, so I'm not sure if scruffs or scratches can be rubbed off or not.

Hello, h_l

I love swift.....from close up pics, I felt I would so I took a chance and when my bag arrived I felt faint....it was so beautiful. Have used it now and still feel the same. No scratches....and the hand is sensuous and soft but firm.

That said, I'm a lover of soft skins....

Pigleto, I think it's mostly the slouchiness, although I like slouchy bags (I have 2 Birkins in Clemence) but Swift is just too much for me... I think it would be better if it was lined in Chevre, like most other Birkins, rather than Swift, it would be just a tad less slouchy. Also I'm a bit dissapointed in the particular hue of brown that Swift comes in. It's Havanne, and has a slight reddish undertone in certain lights, that I'm not too fond of...Finally, although I love the feel and the smell of Swift, I find it looks a bit "spongy"....

This is why I'm interested in finding out about Evergrain, b/c I prefer smooth leathers to textured, but besides Box, which is my all time favourite, I would like a leather visually similar to Box, but softer.....

I personally prefer swift due to its buttery softness. I had the chance to compare it to an evergrain when I was considering a small jpg kelly in that leather.

Evergrain feels a little less sturdy for me (leather feels thinner vs. swift) so it is perfect for the small jpg kelly. Am not sure I would get an evergrain birkin since i think it feels more "delicate" to me. But would consider it in a regular sized kelly.

Hope this helps!