swift leather sturdier than box calf?

Here you go cx - and wishing you luck in your birkin search!

2006-16.jpg

paris-5.jpg

Avandome...just had a long conversation with my SA about leathers, refurbishing, daily use, long term etc. He said hands down that no other leather can compare to box calf. No other leather can be cleaned up and made to look like new like box. Once other leathers get scratches, scufs, dents, and wear...they can only be partial spruced up so to say.

He said he has seen all of the leathers at various ages and before and after cleanings and hands down he says box calf lives and works through it all. Basically he told me it is the best choice and best purchase.

I would love for someone to tell me otherwise, but he went on and on about it and his experience. I am passing that along...

Anyone have any info to challenge this? Please share because I would love to know.

^^ My SA concurs on BOX being the best leather for patina, refurbishing and sturdiness with time. The only catch is the bearer of the bag has to make do with scratches in between spa days.

Oh Thank You, KB!!!!! It's nice to know now that I'll have to take extra careful with my Gulliver Kelly....she's already in the Spa because of rubbing on the corners....:sad:

LaVAn - I totally agree! My SA & I were talking about my next Kelly - she reckons I should SO an etoupe with rose shocking lining and pink contrast stitchng - can you imagine how divine THAT would be?