SWIFT Leather Care - Question

1. For those who have experience with Swift leather do you know of any home remedy for buffing out scratches?

I have had my swift kelly for about 6 months now...I use it a good amount for the office...I consider myself to be careful with my bags and constantly examining them for marks, scratches, etc. Its a bit early for me to send it in...so I thought there might be someway for me to buff out the marks. I might be being a bit paranoid...not even sure if other people notice..but I DO!!!:sad:

I was new to Hermes leathers when I purchased the Swift kelly and now I feel maybe my lifestyle is better suited with a tougher leather like togo/clemance...I don't worry nearly as much w/ my togo birkin.

Any help/guidance/reassurance would be greatly appreciated:flowers:

2. i would not try to buff out these marks by myself as i am sure you would do more harm than good. wait a few month and then t is beauty parlor time for her.
    i was advised years and years ago and been reminded by my manager to not do anything to the bags at all with the exception of wiping them down with a soft cloth after use. he told me most of the "lost cases" (not repairable) they get in are caused by customers trying on their own ;)

3. Thank you lilach! Maybe I should just warm up to the "used" feel:smile:

4. Hi Lux Chic, I agree with Lilach, don't mess with them yourself!!! Always take your Hermes in to a craftsman or you can fedex it to them too! Now form what I've seen of Swift, I was offered a Birkin and a Kelly in it.. but didn't want those colors, so I passed... it seems to be a resurected Gulliver. leather.
    Lilach, what do you think? You're the expert... If it is like Gulliver, Luxchic, it WILL mark.. and I dont' think you cna get it resurfaced like Box calf.. but I have 2 Gulliver bags, all marked up and they look nice that way. ( is this making sense? ) it's like when Barenia gets all marked up.. it looks fine. Plus swift is very mushy.. and soft and looks fine no matter what. There are a few things you can do to stop new marks.. I take the clochette and lock off my gulliver and barenia bags, because they DO leave marks. And I try to not wear them when I have long nails.. which also marks them up..

5. Great advice Lucy and lilach!

i agree with them, don't touch it and wait until she can go to the spa!

6. Thanks for the advice ladies! I am going to take it. The scuffs give the bag character!! Next year I will send it off to the spa..after some of my other goodies have come in!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice