Swift Kelly Longue in Ciel

TammyD

Rising Star
O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
Hi ladies! Wonder if anyone has a Kelly Longue in Ciel in veau swift and love it? I am thinking of getting one and figure Ciel is a good day or night color. I know lots of people feel that Ciel is too grey but it looks very sweetly baby blue-ish to me and goes well with most colors, like denim. Help please?

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I don't have a Ciel KL but having seen a Ciel Kelly I can imagine it being lovely in a KL (in fact I would prefer it in a KL than a Kelly). Would look great on you. Glad to see you're considering a KL, TammyD!

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I just used it today! The truth is I don't use it as often as I should (I lug loads to the office and even on the weekend LOL). But I LOVE it!! :heart:

You should get one and I think Ciel is probably the most "neutral" of the SS colours on offer. IMO the KL shape lends itself very nicely to light colours like Beige, Rose Dragee, Gold.

pyrexia

rosed.
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
I think ciel would be perfect for day and night! It's the first H blue that I've truly fallen in love with.

But wait... wasn't the KL discontinued to make way for the KC? Or was that just a rumor?

TammyD

Rising Star
O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
I know what you mean, MsPiggy. I lug things around too, in fact I've not stepped out of the house without a foldable brolly in my bag for the last 5 years. Now how do I stuff one into a KL? LOL. I would love it for the evening but then that's what my 25cms are for, right? I love love love the KL ever since I saw yours. Totally agree it's really stylish and beautiful.

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
You know I love that one particular 25cm of yours TammyD. I believe there's a place for a KL in your lovely collection. IMHO a clutch is still more apt for those dressier evening occasions. I adore the Kelly Pochette too but there's enough room for both KL and KP in my closet. :smile:

Sep 12, 2007
Although the rumor is that they've discontinued the Kelly Longue, I was still able to buy 2 L-Stamped KLs last year. They are still around, I think, but not necessarily in the exact color you want, like everything else in H.

I know Kelly Pochettes/Mini Kellys are definitely around in Ciel at this time.

TammyD

Rising Star
O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
Thanks for your views, ladies! I am hoping I'm going to find good use for a KL :angel::girlsigh: I went through all the ciel color posts and now I really like this color. In fact now I think I'm going to order a 35cm Ciel Birkin in togo!