Swift Birkin After Spa :)

thanks for sharing. i love swift. this leather is so elegant and it bugs me when people say they don't like this 'delicate' leather because it is hard to care for. this thread and your pics show how beautiful this leather is and how it stands the test of time :smile: my experience with swift is really positive too. granted my bags were not big, 28 kelly and a 25 b so i did not experience any extreme slouch (not that i'm anti-slouch, i embrace the natural qualities of leather, if it wants to soften and slouch, so be it; it's just a bag for goodness' sake)

i've not had a swift bag that is very old but i've seen a craftsman's personal vintage bag in swift (gulliver though) and she said there is nothing more beautiful than swift/gulliver (and box). i asked her if there is a difference between swift and gulliver and she said the difference is negligible. i played with it and trust me i was gobsmacked to hear how "old" her bag is

etoupebirkin said:
I have not seen a thread like this so I figured it might be helpful to someone debating whether or not to get Swift. I got my 35 Etoupe Swift Birkin bag in 2008, and it has been a workhorse bag ever since.

I am a big fan of Swift. It's like a marshmallow, it's smooshy. It goes through rain without problems. It does not show scratches. It's light.

Swift is not for someone who likes their Birkins structured. Mine cannot stand on its own.

So after 4 years it was time to get her spa'ed. Her corners were dirty and there was a nick in the leather on one side.

You can see the results. Perfect. Even the nick is barely noticeable. Others may have a different experience with Swift, but mine has been very very good.

Great work n look good
Thanz for sharing

What nick? ....
Thank you for sharing EtoupeBirkin! I have a box bolide that had couple nicks from one of my trip, quite devastated about it. Now you've given me new hope that H spa can perhaps fix it.
Your Etoupe B with ghw is just gorgeous! I have tendency for smooth leather than grainy personally. The colour of Etoupe in Swift is just stunning in my opinion. :smile:

This is so helpful! Thanks for this thread! Your birkin looks GREAT!

Thanks lilpicotin!!! I'm glad you found this helpful!! :hugs:

LOL ... now, I'll drink to that.

Hahahahaha!!! :roflmfao:

Thank you so much for posting this Etoupebirkin!!! I own an etoupe KF in swift and, although it is still in great condition, now I can send it to spa and be confident that it will come out perfect!! Enjoy your gorgeous Birkin, I am sure you missed her!!!

Thanks fendibbag!!! I bet your KF is stunning. Please post before and after pics too! :cool:

Oh, she (?) looks fantastic! Spotless and ready for more adventures! BTW I'm a HUGE fan of Etoupe and love seeing pictures of a gorgeous one like yours. My Birkin is smooshy too--I love their happy flappy dance.:smile:

She is fantastic in her smooshy glory!!! But I am really thrilled how she came out.

thanks for sharing. i love swift. this leather is so elegant and it bugs me when people say they don't like this 'delicate' leather because it is hard to care for. this thread and your pics show how beautiful this leather is and how it stands the test of time :smile: my experience with swift is really positive too. granted my bags were not big, 28 kelly and a 25 b so i did not experience any extreme slouch (not that i'm anti-slouch, i embrace the natural qualities of leather, if it wants to soften and slouch, so be it; it's just a bag for goodness' sake)

i've not had a swift bag that is very old but i've seen a craftsman's personal vintage bag in swift (gulliver though) and she said there is nothing more beautiful than swift/gulliver (and box). i asked her if there is a difference between swift and gulliver and she said the difference is negligible. i played with it and trust me i was gobsmacked to hear how "old" her bag is

I have found that Swift is tougher than you might think. I believe its soft quality helps because it cushions impact when the bag touches other items. I have an Epsom bag which is quite delicate for the opposite reason. The leather is so stiff, it it hits or rubs against anything, there is wear at that point. I know that there are people who adore Epsom. The way I use my bags makes me hesitate to ever get Epsom again.

I have to say I love smooth leathers, Swift, Chamonix, Box, Barenia. As my collection has evolved, these are the bags I gravitate too.

Great work n look good
Thanz for sharing

Hermes does great work!!! Spa-ing was worth every penny.

That is amazing! I love etoupe in swift! Gorgy! Perfect 10!

Do they paint or dye the corners?

I am not sure what they did. It did not say on the receipt.

Fantastic job done!!!!! Was the nick very bad and deep?

The nick was not too deep, but enough to point out and get fixed. I am proactive about spa-ing, though this time the corners did have enough dirt on them for me to say to myself, time to spa before I take this out again.

wow!! this is so reassuring, i was just speaking with someone this morning about my fears of swift and scratching. this is completely changing my outlook. any before pics, of the condition pre-spa?

LG, Unfortunately, I do not have before pictures. All corners had some dirt on them and I did see the place with the nick. For bags that I use regularly, I spa them once every two years.

What nick? ....
Thank you for sharing EtoupeBirkin! I have a box bolide that had couple nicks from one of my trip, quite devastated about it. Now you've given me new hope that H spa can perhaps fix it.
Your Etoupe B with ghw is just gorgeous! I have tendency for smooth leather than grainy personally. The colour of Etoupe in Swift is just stunning in my opinion. :smile:

Bring your bolide into H and get it spa-ed. Hopefully they can get them out or make them less noticeable. Like you, I love smooth leathers. Etoupe Swift is divine. They did a fabulous job on mine. You really have to look to find it.

Wow! Your etoupe is gorgeous....I love the pic of her falling over. So endearing! I'm so loving swift now too! Thanks for starting this thread.

I'm glad I'm converting people to the "Swift" side! :smile:

I'm more impressed than I expected to be... It's aging beautifully!

I wish I could age so well!!!!

EB, your post is so timely for me. I was just offered something in Swift, and was taking the weekend to decide. Your experience is very helpful. Thank you!

I'm glad I was able to help you out. Good luck with your decision!!!

Very nice! Love the softness of swift!

Thanks Leah!!! I am still in awe of your new Constance!!!

Thanks for sharing eb!
I love gulliver and think it spas well, reaffirmation of how well your swift came back has me searching for well...
... something swift!

I hope you find something fabulous!!!!

Thanx so much for sharing etoupebirkin.. My one and only swift B30 is almost 3 years old, and she's in a very good shape, no scuffing on the edges and its stand on its own when empty.. Its good to know that when i finally need to send it to spa it will come back like new..
May i know how old is your swift B?