Sweetest Love - A Reveal :)

motomoto

Dec 4, 2008
I actually got this present two months ago during Valentines Day, but I haven't had the time (nor the courage) to put up a post on it.

I figured since I had a few days off from work and was bumming around, I should try to attempt this reveal thingey.

Fell in love with Hermes four months back and I've been downloading all the pictures from TPF of possible shapes sizes and leather type of the bag in the world. Unfortunately, the location I'm at, there're not many of what I was particularly looking for. I had in mind the very color, narrowed down the leather types I wanted and had decided on the one size.

Basically it was that bag, or none.

Everyday I would find a few more pictures and share them with DH under the email title "It's raining Hermes".. I guess he finally got the hint (or was sick of getting his work email bombarded) .

For Valentines Day, I got my very own.

This bag is really special because DH managed to locate it for me within the span of 2 weeks (just in time for V day). He had to rope in his fashion contacts in Paris for this special favor- to find the bag I wanted.

Bag was found in an inconspicuous part of France, the right colour, shape, size and leather; paid, signed and urgently shipped to my location... all that, just in time for Valentines Day :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 69
Congratulations motomoto, your Kelly is a stunner!! How very sweet your DH is, he's done really well here. Is it Fjord?

Enjoy this beauty in health and happiness!

attachment.php

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 716
Hi Mai Tai,

I had the same question. My DH made me go back to TPF to find out what leather it was.. I got it wrong three times. This was what he emailed me:

As promised, read this article from your fav "purse forum"... <http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/hermes-bag-maintenence-52967.html>. Your Hermes is a Coromandel leather.

Quoted from TPF:: "the grain is natural as I opted for Coromandel leather. Very hard goatskin but amazingly lined. They managed to line the skin over the goats spine across the middle of the bag - all the way around. And the bag is very surprisingly lighter. Coromandel is a slightly dearer material in the non-exotic leather range but I highly recommend it."

Hugs...

PS: I too went onto the purse forum to read and decide :smile: I watched and learnt from the best.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 131
Hi Mai Tai,

I had the same question. My DH made me go back to TPF to find out what leather it was.. I got it wrong three times. This was what he emailed me:

As promised, read this article from your fav "purse forum"... <http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/hermes-bag-maintenence-52967.html>. Your Hermes is a Coromandel leather.

Quoted from TPF:: "the grain is natural as I opted for Coromandel leather. Very hard goatskin but amazingly lined. They managed to line the skin over the goats spine across the middle of the bag - all the way around. And the bag is very surprisingly lighter. Coromandel is a slightly dearer material in the non-exotic leather range but I highly recommend it."

Hugs...

PS: I too went onto the purse forum to read and decide :smile: I watched and learnt from the best.

Thank you motomoto, and yes, of course it's CDC, the spine is clear to see. It is a truly beautiful Kelly!