Sweet Punk - After All of These Years

Love this story - pretty similar to mine. I've been collecting in the last few years. Agree with you, such great quality and beautiful bags. Some of them are 10+ years old but looks so good even used, a testament to MJ production and supply chain.

No they are original. The leather is amazing on both, I think it is kangaroo iirc.
These bags didn't come in those colors, so they had to be re-dyed (or painted, but more likely dyed)
The Sid was probably Bisque originally and the Pouchette was probably Chalk
I know they're kangaroo leather -- I was just wondering if the dye changed the texture of the leather

Image 7-4-23 at 5.47 PM.jpeg Image 7-4-23 at 5.47 PM (1).jpeg

These bags didn't come in those colors, so they had to be re-dyed (or painted, but more likely dyed)
The Sid was probably Bisque originally and the Pouchette was probably Chalk
I know they're kangaroo leather -- I was just wondering if the dye changed the texture of the leather

View attachment 5815469View attachment 5815470
I will get outdoor pictures, yes sid is bisque and the pouchette is white (chalk)
But I have dyed a bag before and it did change the texture of the leather... I didn't like it. It just looked like there was a coating on the bag and it was more shiny. I have better luck with the colored shoe creams, they don't really change the texture like a dye would.

IMG_20230705_094243461.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bagatha Christie
I will get outdoor pictures, yes sid is bisque and the pouchette is white (chalk)
But I have dyed a bag before and it did change the texture of the leather... I didn't like it. It just looked like there was a coating on the bag and it was more shiny. I have better luck with the colored shoe creams, they don't really change the texture like a dye would.

View attachment 5815724
the other pics made the bags look pinkish...this is probably more accurate...very pretty

Reactions: Shelby33