Sweet Punk - After All of These Years

rorosity

O.G.
Jun 7, 2006
I know that these MJ threads are not as active as they were back in the heyday when MJ Collection bags were coveted and discussed on the daily. It doesn't matter. I am still in love with my MJ collection and, over the past couple of years, have added some styles that I have found on the secondary market. I have found so many bags that I loved but had not been able to afford, find or, even more often, didn't interest me as much as others back then. I have been really lucky to find some beauties, but this one is probably the one I have been most excited about.

I was never able to buy a Sweet Punk bag when they were released. The price was $$$ and they were not that plentiful. Well, I was browsing Vestiare Collective and found this black Debbie for sale. It seemed too good to be true. It's really difficult to tell what the true condition of these bags are when you buy them just from photos. I just figured it would be a project if it was in a very used condition. Well, it arrived yesterday and it's in perfect, like-new condition. I bought this beauty for $34 - and shipping/authentication fees, so it came out to about $70. Still a major steal for this unicorn. It's a lovely bag that will get lots of use. I just had to share this. Not sure if anyone will see it or remember the Sweet Punk collection, but it was just too good not to post.IMG_7876 (2).jpg

I know that these MJ threads are not as active as they were back in the heyday when MJ Collection bags were coveted and discussed on the daily. It doesn't matter. I am still in love with my MJ collection and, over the past couple of years, have added some styles that I have found on the secondary market. I have found so many bags that I loved but had not been able to afford, find or, even more often, didn't interest me as much as others back then. I have been really lucky to find some beauties, but this one is probably the one I have been most excited about.

I was never able to buy a Sweet Punk bag when they were released. The price was $$$ and they were not that plentiful. Well, I was browsing Vestiare Collective and found this black Debbie for sale. It seemed too good to be true. It's really difficult to tell what the true condition of these bags are when you buy them just from photos. I just figured it would be a project if it was in a very used condition. Well, it arrived yesterday and it's in perfect, like-new condition. I bought this beauty for $34 - and shipping/authentication fees, so it came out to about $70. Still a major steal for this unicorn. It's a lovely bag that will get lots of use. I just had to share this. Not sure if anyone will see it or remember the Sweet Punk collection, but it was just too good not to post.View attachment 5228989
I love this bag! And your story makes it even more special! Wear it in the best health and happiness! :biggrin:

Reactions: rorosity

I was never able to buy a Sweet Punk bag when they were released. The price was $$$ and they were not that plentiful. Well, I was browsing Vestiare Collective and found this black Debbie for sale. It seemed too good to be true. It's really difficult to tell what the true condition of these bags are when you buy them just from photos. I just figured it would be a project if it was in a very used condition. Well, it arrived yesterday and it's in perfect, like-new condition. I bought this beauty for $34 - and shipping/authentication fees, so it came out to about $70. Still a major steal for this unicorn. It's a lovely bag that will get lots of use. I just had to share this. Not sure if anyone will see it or remember the Sweet Punk collection, but it was just too good not to post.View attachment 5228989
wow - a rare bag for a steal ...and in great condition.....I'm a bit jealous :smile:
I'm not familiar with vestiare...is the authentication fee optional?
congrats

Reactions: Coach Superfan
wow - a rare bag for a steal ...and in great condition.....I'm a bit jealous :smile:
I'm not familiar with vestiare...is the authentication fee optional?
congrats
I have purchased numerous MJ and Chloe bags from them. All have been authentic and in great condition. Not sure about the authentication fee. I don't remember it being mandatory in the past, but I have seen it on listings more recently. There is a bag I am looking at right now and there is a 9.99 fee. Still a good deal if you find a bag you really want.

It's crazy finding some of these beauties available at a great price. Instead of narrowing down my collection, I seem to be adding to it!

Reactions: Coach Superfan
I have purchased numerous MJ and Chloe bags from them. All have been authentic and in great condition. Not sure about the authentication fee. I don't remember it being mandatory in the past, but I have seen it on listings more recently. There is a bag I am looking at right now and there is a 9.99 fee. Still a good deal if you find a bag you really want.

It's crazy finding some of these beauties available at a great price. Instead of narrowing down my collection, I seem to be adding to it!
sweet punk is probably the one MJ bag I'd want today (heavy though?)
I have my black with gold HW Blake and I like Rio line but won't buy one as the style I like won't fit comfortably on shoulder.
Will have to start checking that site - not that I need more bags
Great find!

sweet punk is probably the one MJ bag I'd want today (heavy though?)
I have my black with gold HW Blake and I like Rio line but won't buy one as the style I like won't fit comfortably on shoulder.
Will have to start checking that site - not that I need more bags
Great find!
I don't think the Sweet Punk it that heavy. The leather is very light. The hardware is the only thing that gives it a big of weight, but it's not too much. I am used to heavy bags though. I don't find this one to be on the heavy side. Definitely check that site and all the others. You never know what will pop up. Since I retired, I find that having a nice handbag is my little luxury when wearing my new uniform of jeans and a tank top! I used to get fully dressed up from head to toe, but my lifestyle has definitely changed. I love a luxurious bag with a dressed down wardrobe.

I don't think the Sweet Punk it that heavy. The leather is very light. The hardware is the only thing that gives it a big of weight, but it's not too much. I am used to heavy bags though. I don't find this one to be on the heavy side. Definitely check that site and all the others. You never know what will pop up. Since I retired, I find that having a nice handbag is my little luxury when wearing my new uniform of jeans and a tank top! I used to get fully dressed up from head to toe, but my lifestyle has definitely changed. I love a luxurious bag with a dressed down wardrobe.
same here.... I keep saying I don't want a large number of bags but it's always fun to get a new one...and getting the older ones for a great price as you did is great. I don't care if my bags are "dated".....very few of the people I see these days would know the difference

same here.... I keep saying I don't want a large number of bags but it's always fun to get a new one...and getting the older ones for a great price as you did is great. I don't care if my bags are "dated".....very few of the people I see these days would know the difference
Honestly, I am so over caring if what I like is "in"...I am old enough to have figured out my style, what works for me, what I like. None of the newer bags interest me all that much. I pretty much stick to Chloe and MJ, with a few random Tory Burch, Coach, Frye and anything else that speaks to me. I honestly think the MJ stuff looks really modern and kind of transcends trends. Quality and functionality done with flair never goes out of style.

Congratulations on your great new bag! :yahoo: :happydance:

I'm curious....was this listed as sweet punk? or just MJ? a lot of times the bargains are from people who don't know their bag is in demand
Definitely not listed as Sweet Punk. Something like, "Leather Marc Jacobs Tote" - Most of my finds have not had the correct name of the bag in the listing. It seems like people either have a generic title or they use an incorrect name. For example, I see a lot of listings use "Stam" and it's nothing close to a Stam. I think a lot of people just tack that on to an MJ listing.

Definitely not listed as Sweet Punk. Something like, "Leather Marc Jacobs Tote" - Most of my finds have not had the correct name of the bag in the listing. It seems like people either have a generic title or they use an incorrect name. For example, I see a lot of listings use "Stam" and it's nothing close to a Stam. I think a lot of people just tack that on to an MJ listing.
yes, I think people who are really into the bags will know if they have something special and ask a higher price. the steals are usually from someone who doesn't know what they have. so sometimes patience (or luck) pays off. I got a stonewash leather RM bag which is very popular here from a seller who didn't describe it as such. she also didn't have very good pics so I was able to grab it for a low price.