Sweet mop (with yg) versus sweet pave (wg) earrings

Mar 4, 2016
Hi everyone, I currently own sweet mop (yg) earrings that I adore. I find that delicate, smaller pieces suit me best. I'm now considering the white gold pave sweets. Do you think they look too similar to mop? I've tried carnelian and onyx, but they don't suit me as I prefer subtle earrings. Btw, I also own the mini frivoles. [emoji4]Thank you!

You need to be patient and allow people to chime in.
The pave sweets are FABULOUS earrings.
Here's a way to get VCA pave in that iconic shape for a great price (compared to the vintage size).
Since you prefer the small size I would imagine that these are a definite yes for you, assuming you are ok with wg.
Truly lovely earrings and not duplicative at all.

You need to be patient and allow people to chime in.
The pave sweets are FABULOUS earrings.
Here's a way to get VCA pave in that iconic shape for a great price (compared to the vintage size).
Since you prefer the small size I would imagine that these are a definite yes for you, assuming you are ok with wg.
Truly lovely earrings and not duplicative at all.

Thx for your feedback. Truly appreciate it. Oh, and will try to be more patient - with 80+ views and zero comments, I found it humorous and was actually making light of it. [emoji28]

Reactions: texasgirliegirl
Thx for your feedback. Truly appreciate it. Oh, and will try to be more patient - with 80+ views and zero comments, I found it humorous and was actually making light of it. [emoji28]
Sorry, I was one of those 80 only I have zero experience with the sweets and smaller earrings (other than the fleurettes) so I didn't post anything. I may though take a look next time because I love the push backs which I believe they all have. The pave sweets sound lovely and and different. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Last edited:
Thx for asking as I'm going through the same thought process... adore my sweets MoP and thinking the pave would be a great addition. Considered vintage but they hang very low on me as my ear holes were pierced too low. If and when you decide please post mod pics. Thx!!

Reactions: Onthego
Thx for asking as I'm going through the same thought process... adore my sweets MoP and thinking the pave would be a great addition. Considered vintage but they hang very low on me as my ear holes were pierced too low. If and when you decide please post mod pics. Thx!!
My ear holes are also very low but on one visit to a VCA boutique the salesperson put clear cushions in the back of the clasp and it worked wonders -- the earring sat nearly perfectly on my ear. I've since put cushions in all my non-stud earrings and it's a miracle how well it works. I'd tried Lobe Wonder but it didn't give me enough support. Of course, maybe you prefer a small earrings not to mention their nice price point:P

Hi! Thank you for your comments. This was my very first thread started on tpf and I appreciate your replies. [emoji846]

Sorry, I was one of those 80 only I have zero experience with the sweets and smaller earrings (other than the fleurettes) so I didn't post anything. I may though take a look next time because I love the push backs which I believe they all have. The pave sweets sound lovely and and different. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Do absolutely take a look the next time you are in. [emoji173]️

I think pave earrings will be so versatile and easy to wear, while offering a nice, polished look. I think you should check them out. [emoji5]

My ear holes are also very low but on one visit to a VCA boutique the salesperson put clear cushions in the back of the clasp and it worked wonders -- the earring sat nearly perfectly on my ear. I've since put cushions in all my non-stud earrings and it's a miracle how well it works. I'd tried Lobe Wonder but it didn't give me enough support. Of course, maybe you prefer a small earrings not to mention their nice price point:P

The wg pave sweets are truly lovely, as are the vintage pave. I wish the vintage size looked better on me and I hope I don't regret not getting this size down the road. I'm glad the clear cushions worked for you - I too had difficulty with the way vintage both felt and looked on me. Thanks again for your replies [emoji177]

Hi! Thank you for your comments. This was my very first thread started on tpf and I appreciate your replies.

The wg pave sweets are truly lovely, as are the vintage pave. I wish the vintage size looked better on me and I hope I don't regret not getting this size down the road. I'm glad the clear cushions worked for you - I too had difficulty with the way vintage both felt and looked on me. Thanks again for your replies [emoji177]

I feel the same way. I find the omega clips very uncomfortable for every day. It's like I can always feel them, and it doesn't feel carefree. I have had them adjusted many times and still can only wear my vintage earrings a few hours at a time.

I don't think it is repetitive to own the sweet MOP and the sweet pave. With the exception of size, I think they are different enough to not be redundant. Do you have any model photos?

Oh I'll def have to look into the clear cushions... I too wear the lobe wonders and they aren't much help when I wear my 2-motif magic. Thx!!