Sweet MOP Bracelet- Buy in store or online?

Jun 11, 2009
Hi! I know people prefer to select stones in person but are there significant differences between MOP at the smaller sweet size? Or is the brightness/iridescence pretty much the same since they’re small in size? I was going to buy it online but wondering if I should attempt to buy in person so I could select the stone?

Also, those who own a sweet MOP bracelet, how has it held up? Does it show scratches or dullness from stacking with other bracelets? I figure the surface area is smaller so hoping it doesn’t show signs of wear and tear that easily. Thanks!

IMO shopping in store >>> online
The main advantage I see with shopping online in this case (other than convenience) is that VCA does allow full returns with online purchases, as you were not able to view the item or try it on before purchasing. In person, you get the full experience and the potential to choose between multiple stones then and there. I don’t have the sweet MOP bracelet, but I do have the vintage 5 motif. I never stack it and usually wipe it off gently with a cloth after each wear. I definitely baby my MOP pieces, but I know someone else with the same bracelet who doesn’t baby it at all. Her bracelet looks lovely from afar, but if I hold mine up next to hers, you can tell that the stones on her bracelet are much more dull/darker and mine are brighter/more sparkly. I don’t think scratches show as easily… it’s more so the dullness! I hope this helps!

IMO shopping in store >>> online
The main advantage I see with shopping online in this case (other than convenience) is that VCA does allow full returns with online purchases, as you were not able to view the item or try it on before purchasing. In person, you get the full experience and the potential to choose between multiple stones then and there. I don’t have the sweet MOP bracelet, but I do have the vintage 5 motif. I never stack it and usually wipe it off gently with a cloth after each wear. I definitely baby my MOP pieces, but I know someone else with the same bracelet who doesn’t baby it at all. Her bracelet looks lovely from afar, but if I hold mine up next to hers, you can tell that the stones on her bracelet are much more dull/darker and mine are brighter/more sparkly. I don’t think scratches show as easily… it’s more so the dullness! I hope this helps!
Thanks for your input! Do you wear lotion or sunscreen on your hands/arms when wearing your MOP bracelet?

Thanks for your input! Do you wear lotion or sunscreen on your hands/arms when wearing your MOP bracelet?
I do! I wear SPF religiously, so that’s one of the main reasons I wipe the stones after each wear. If you live nearby the boutique, you can also take your bracelet in for cleaning anytime. I think that as long as you look after it, your MOP will stay in beautiful condition! :smile:

Reactions: ChanellenahC
I have a couple of sweet items, two pendants and a bracelet. I baby my things so they have held up very well for about 10 years. I prefer to select my stones in person, however tiny, as they are so different and unique to each piece so I would not buy online if given the choice. The boutique experience is also a joy for me as my SAs are really super kind. Enjoy!

I have a couple of sweet items, two pendants and a bracelet. I baby my things so they have held up very well for about 10 years. I prefer to select my stones in person, however tiny, as they are so different and unique to each piece so I would not buy online if given the choice. The boutique experience is also a joy for me as my SAs are really super kind. Enjoy!
Thanks! Do you think stand-alone VCA boutiques are better than VCA inside of NM? In terms of stock and “quality” of the pieces (I recall reading that the NM VCAs have a lenient/longer return policy so is there concern about getting a returned piece?).

Thanks! Do you think stand-alone VCA boutiques are better than VCA inside of NM? In terms of stock and “quality” of the pieces (I recall reading that the NM VCAs have a lenient/longer return policy so is there concern about getting a returned piece?).
Oh I am sorry! I do not shop in the US. My pieces were all purchased in either Europe and Asia. :smile: