Sweet Alhambra Pendant

cafecreme15

Jan 5, 2015
Does anyone own the sweet alhambra pendant? I'm considering purchasing one, but am worried it may be a bit too delicate, especially compared to the vintage alhambra pendant. The images look pretty identical on the mannequin models on VCA's website, but I assume there has to be a discernible different between the two in real life due to the $1,100 discrepancy.

The sweets are pretty tiny. Some members like to layer them and they really do look nice.
For my daughters I decided to buy the regular vintage size. It looks great in its own and is wort the extra cost imho.

I agree with the comment above. Its more worth buying the vintage one. Also for me the sweet looks nice as a bracelet ( I have small size wrist) but too small as a pendant. Just my opinion

Reactions: CallHerKB
I think they are two different looks. The sweets are more dainty than the vintage size but if that is the look you want they are still really nice. I bought my daughters some sweets and occasionally borrow them. They provide a much different look to the vintage size and can be a lot of fun.

Thanks for all the input! I was planning on wearing the pendant by itself and not layering. Do you think the sweet would be too dainty by itself? I don't want it to get visually lost so easily.

I think there's a considerable difference in size. I've debated on both for myself, but if i got the sweets, I'd layer with other necklaces.
If worn by itself, I like the vintage size better ( in real life, the sweets pendant is pretty small). Hope that helps :smile:

Reactions: cafecreme15
I am so happy to help. The difference is about 0.79" with the sweet being 15.76" and the vintage being 16.55". The jump rings would bring them up higher too.

Thanks so much! I definitely like that the sweet alhambra sits higher than the vintage. Since I will likely be wearing the necklace as an every day piece to work, I am worried the vintage might be too big/showy, but I also wouldn't want the sweet to be too dainty. I guess I will have to go to the store and try it on :smile:

Thanks so much! I definitely like that the sweet alhambra sits higher than the vintage. Since I will likely be wearing the necklace as an every day piece to work, I am worried the vintage might be too big/showy, but I also wouldn't want the sweet to be too dainty. I guess I will have to go to the store and try it on :smile:
Do try them both on at the boutique. It's the best way to appreciate the difference between the two sizes. The vintage pendant is not very large. There is a magic size that is definite more showy.
You will know what makes you feel comfortable immediately.

Reactions: cafecreme15