Sweet Alhambra line for children/teens?

TazHawk

O.G.
Apr 30, 2011
I am very new to VCA and just heard about it a week ago. I was about to buy the Cartier love cord bracelet with four diamonds ($1,210) to represent the 4 important people in my life, but Im not a fan of the silk cord or the mini ceramic love ring charm. I love the rose gold mini love ring charm with the four diamonds though. As I was looking for other jewelry pieces with four diamonds and a chain bracelet, I somehow came across the Alhambra which looks like a four leaf clover. It seems affordable at $1,300. The price isn't too different compared to the Cartier love cord bracelet. The design looked cute and it seemed perfect! I have a very limited budget so the sweet Alhambra MOP bracelet is the only one I can get. Buying any other piece is not an option for me. Also this will probably be my one and only piece from VCA.

My question is, when was the Sweet Alhambra line released? I heard it was made for children/teens. Is it a classic piece which will never go out of style? Will I look silly wearing this when I am in my 50's or 60's. It is the only VCA piece I ever plan to buy but I don't want it to look too childish. For reference, I am 5 feet and weight around 110 lbs. I don't have a boutique near me so I can not even try it on. Also I don't wear too much jewelry so I don't layer bracelets or multiple rings on the same hand. I will be wearing the bracelet alone on one arm.

Reactions: WillWork4Fashion
I'm not sure when it was released (I think late 00s?), but I think all of the Alhambra pieces are classic and the proportions of the bracelet are very well-suited to someone who's petite. I may be biased, though. I'm about the same size as you and wear the PG version on its own regularly. My wedding set and necklaces tend to be very dainty, so it's in line with my style.

Will you ever travel to a place with a VCA store? I highly recommend seeing jewelry pieces in person if you can, especially when debating between pieces. I don't live near a VCA, but had mine shipped to my local NM after purchasing.

I’m in my 50’s and I have 2 to stack. They are very pretty on and don’t seem to get tangled up. I like that they are a bit shorter too, so they don’t move around much. They are very small and delicate so wouldn’t necessarily be to all tastes. Also, I can’t imagine giving a $1000+ bracelet to a child!

I also originally heard the sweet line was for kids/teens - and I have seen kids/teens here where I live wearing them. That said, it really depends on your taste and proportions. For example, I could never wear the sweet earrings as they are too small on me, but have I seen many women here on TPF totally rock them. Especially if you have smaller earlobes the sweets can be the best size for you. If you prefer dainty jewelry, again the sweets will definitely work.

Reactions: lovevca
I'm not sure when it was released (I think late 00s?), but I think all of the Alhambra pieces are classic and the proportions of the bracelet are very well-suited to someone who's petite. I may be biased, though. I'm about the same size as you and wear the PG version on its own regularly. My wedding set and necklaces tend to be very dainty, so it's in line with my style.

Will you ever travel to a place with a VCA store? I highly recommend seeing jewelry pieces in person if you can, especially when debating between pieces. I don't live near a VCA, but had mine shipped to my local NM after purchasing.

My local NM doesn't carry VCA, but I'll call and check if they can transfer it from another store. At least at NM I can return the item. I heard the boutiques only allow you to exchange.

I also love the sweet size as it’s so dainty

Yeah, it's so cute! I just hope I don't look silly wearing it when I'm a little older.

I’m in my mid 40s and don’t feel funny wearingnit. My wrist is very skinny though, around 5 inches. It looks proportional on me, to me anyway.

I'm on the petite side, so hopefully it would look proportional on me as well. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours!

I’m in my 50’s and I have 2 to stack. They are very pretty on and don’t seem to get tangled up. I like that they are a bit shorter too, so they don’t move around much. They are very small and delicate so wouldn’t necessarily be to all tastes. Also, I can’t imagine giving a $1000+ bracelet to a child!

Giving $1000+ bracelet to a child seems like a lot especially since they may lose it or give it to a friend! I think I read somewhere that the sweet line was made for kids which is why I'm a little confused.

I don’t have any sweets but I think the size works well for adults of all ages. I love the sentiment you are going for as well for your family.

Thanks, most of my jewelry are gifts. The pieces I buy myself all represent something.

I also originally heard the sweet line was for kids/teens - and I have seen kids/teens here where I live wearing them. That said, it really depends on your taste and proportions. For example, I could never wear the sweet earrings as they are too small on me, but have I seen many women here on TPF totally rock them. Especially if you have smaller earlobes the sweets can be the best size for you. If you prefer dainty jewelry, again the sweets will definitely work.

Someone told me that the sweet line was for kids/teens, but when I searched online, I couldn't find that information anywhere.

Reactions: Diamondbirdie
I really think it depends on how it looks on you. I personally prefer the sweet size earrings for daily wear to work but I also have vintage and magic sizes for when I go out. This being said I have collected a pair of sweet earrings and necklace for my daughter. So I agree with others- it really just depends on how the piece suits you. I don’t think the size of the sweet motif is inappropriate at any age if it suits you.

‘Yeah, it's so cute! I just hope I don't look silly wearing it when I'm a little older.’ (Couldn’t copy the quote the usual way so I cut and pasted from above)

Well I’m going to be 61 and get complimented on how beautiful the sweets are when I wear them. Let us know what you wind up purchasing and please share a photo [emoji846]

I'm 40 and I love the sweet line. So feminine! Tazhawk, at your height and build the sweet size is fine. It does look dainty, but I like the delicate look. I'm the same height as you, but I haven't been 110lbs probably since I first found tPF.

Reactions: texasgirliegirl
Thanks everyone! I decided to finally buy it online because you get a nice sturdy box as well. I didn't get the cleaning cloth or the travel pouch though. Is there a way I can get that? If I ask someone from the VCA in Neiman Marcus will they give it to me?

I also have an issue with a gap between the MOP and gold. I opened a thread on that in case anyone is interested.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/sweet-bracelet-mop-gap-defective.987233/