Sweet Alhambra bracelet: sizing?

Jan 30, 2007
Hello everyone,

I never knew the VCA Alhambra line existed until I saw a random post on instagram. And now I really want a peice. I am not a jewelry person, I own NO jewellery except for my engagement ring, no pierced ears, pendants, or bracelets. Not even *fashion jewellery*.

So at the age of 37 (birthday next week), I am considering asking for a bracelet. I am partial to the carnelian rose gold bracelet.

I have a few question (I unfortunately just moved to a town in British Columbia that has 1 mall :sad:

Thankfully I'll only be here for 1.5 years.

Questions:

1) my wrist is 14 cm. That bracelet is listed as 17 cm. But it looks like it's an extender on it. Does anyone know if the extender can be removed?

2) I've seen a video on you tube about this peice, it looks small and dainty. I would like to wear it to work, take it off during actual tasks, and the put it back on at the end of the day. Will it survive this?

3) My engagement ring is platinum. The bracelet is rose gold. I would wear them on different hands. Should this not be done?

Thank you so much for any advice to jewelry newbie.

1) My wrist measures 14.5cm and I wear the Sweet bracelet on the smaller size. VCA can probably remove the extender at your request, but personally, I don't mind the small dangling chain as the additional weight keeps the motif (I have the all rose gold clover) from flipping to the underside of my wrist.

2) Initially I was also worried about durability because the chain is so delicate, but having searched through the forum, I haven't been able to find any mentions of a broken Sweet chain. Taking it off and putting it on often will put more stress on the clasp than the chain, and I would assume that VCA's clasp will last a long time.

3) I don't see why not :biggrin: As long as you don't overdo it, mixing metals is fun and fresh IMO!

I've only had my Sweet for just over a year and it still looks new, but I don't wear it all time time as I like to rotate my bracelets. Hopefully someone who's owned a Sweet for longer can chime in with more info :smile:

Reactions: leechiyong
Storm,

Thank you so much for the reply!

That makes a lot of sense about the extra weight. I would probably prefer it that way.

I keep going back and forth on this bracelet. I really want something red (for good luck... I'm Asian, and have been on the lookout for red).
I only need it for work... because I associate a lot of superstition to work!

The ideal would be if they made the VCA clover with white gold. I've seen some online, but I wonder if they are replicas because that option doesn't seem to exist on their website. If anyone knows about this, let me know.

I'm also considering anything else that is simple with red. There's a designer called Redline, they make half string with half chain bracelets (seen a few paired with VCA bracelets) that I'm considering.

I'm also worried that the VCA might just look ridiculous. I wear scrubs and converse shoes to work. So the Redline might be more suitable, but the VCA just makes my heart sing.

Thank you for replying!

There is actually a white gold clover with diamonds - was this the one that you saw? I'm not sure if a non diamond version exists, though.

1026623.png

If VCA makes your heart sing, I say go go go! It doesn't matter what clothes you wear; beautiful jewellery never looks out of place. I live in jeans, tshirts & trainers (aka super casual) and still wear and enjoy my jewellery :love: You could always get the VCA plus another red cord bracelet for stacking, but bear in mind that the cord won't be as hard wearing as gold and will need replacing at some point.

I saw the diamond one, I like that as well, except I'm so partial to the carnelian.

The one I saw is carnelian bracelet, single motif in white gold. I would have posted a picture but I'm not sure if it's counterfeit.

If anyone knows if they did produce that at one point and discontinued, then please let me know!

I have a hard time with jewelery. I always want things to match and go with what I am wearing. If that makes sense.

But when I saw the VCA motif, I literally gasped. I'm superstitious and it seemed like exactly what I was looking for. And in red! Every lunar new year I am searching for a red peice to wear!

I'm so disappointed. I ordered the bracelet from online store, and there is no VCA nearby. It's much too big. I measured my wrist and it's actually 13.7 cm.

I'm unsure if I should send it back, or bring it to have it sized. The problem is, the nearest VCA is 4 hours away, and I doubt they can do same day service.

Sigh.

Hello, I am considering the Sweet Alhambra Bracelet in Rosegold. I sadly don't have a shop close to me, so I need to purchase it online. On the homepage it only says for wrists measuring 17cm but no mention of how long the bracelet really is. Could anyone please measure their Sweet Alhambra Bracelet and tell me the length? My wrist measures 17cm (maybe 17,2cm) and I'm not sure if it will even fit me? TIA!

Hello, I am considering the Sweet Alhambra Bracelet in Rosegold. I sadly don't have a shop close to me, so I need to purchase it online. On the homepage it only says for wrists measuring 17cm but no mention of how long the bracelet really is. Could anyone please measure their Sweet Alhambra Bracelet and tell me the length? My wrist measures 17cm (maybe 17,2cm) and I'm not sure if it will even fit me? TIA!
Hi! Did you ever find an answer to this? Would like to know myself. Thanks!

Reactions: faab89 and hhw