Sweet 16?

Aug 7, 2007
I have to help throw a sweet 16 birthday party. The girl who the party is for DOESN'T want it to be a typical one (lavish setting, lots of friends...) or a small one (few friends/manicures...)

She was thinking about going paint balling - but it was too expensive
Then she thought about roller skating - just didn't seem right
Renting a venue is possible, but doesn't want it too fancy

They want it to be a fun filled party, leading to a sleepover.

Are there any ideas?!

Your help is GREATLY appreciated =] :smile:

Just girls? I think Origins stores (and maybe even Bath & Body) do a spa type party that would be fun. I'm pretty sure they're free - they just rely on some of the people who attend buying some products. Or how about having a manicure/pedicure girl, a facial girl, a massage girl, Mary Kay/Avon rep, etc over to the house? That can be a lot of fun. Then you could do fruity non-alcoholic drinks, a pretty cake, some finger sandwiches, etc. What about booking time at a cooking school? That would be fun too.

omg paintballing would have been soooo much fun!

depending on where you live how about renting some jet skis and going out on a lake or something. have a little bbq and kick back.. haha doesnt sound like a girly sweet 16... but its fun ;]

There are also tea shoppes popping up in a bunch of places. DH's mom and sister took me to one near Philly that was wonderful! The places are pretty frilly, and have a menu of a ton of hot teas, and then they serve finger sandwiches and homeade pasteries, scones, cookies, etc. The only one I've found around here is at the Four Seasons hotel, but in other places there are a bunch in shopping centers that are very quaint.

Also, pottery painting places are fun.

When is this party? In the summer?

How about having a backyard BBQ, grilling up some burgers and hotdogs with some cool music and then going out for Extreme/Cosmo Bowling afterwards??? That'd be fun!