Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street . . . comes out in two weeks!

I liked it too. I'm not really into musicals... A few numbers here and there is one thing, but constant singing just gets to me after awhile. I always start thinking "Can't you just TALK like a normal person?!"... So I would have liked it a LOT more if it had fewer songs and more dialogue, but I LOVED the costumes and the sets. I thought all of the characters were perfectly cast and did an excellent job, too! Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp both have AMAZING singing voices!

And I totally get what you're saying about being surprised by the realism of the violence, Caitlin. I actually mentioned that to my bf after we saw it. Red scarves or fake blood capsules on stage are SO different than the ultra realistic gore you see in movies. I liked the gore though. It was definitely necessary-- after all, it's about a vengeful murderer and a lady who bakes people into pies :shrugs:

Saw it with my two kids (teenagers) we LOVED it! Its a great musical and while I never was a Johnny Depp fan, I might be now. He was amazing. Bought the soundtrack as soon as i left the movie!