Swedish Actor Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56

Blueberry12

Naughty Kitten
O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
Michael Nyqvist, who starred as Mikael Blomkvist in the original Swedish The Girl With the Dragon Tattoomovie thrillers, with Noomi Rapace, died Tuesday after battling lung cancer, his family said. He was 56.

"Michael's joy and passion were infectious to those who knew and loved him. His charm and charisma were undeniable, and his love for the arts was felt by all who had the pleasure of working with him," a family statement read.

Nyqvist, appeared in Lionsgate’s John Wick, co-starring with Keanu Reeves, and as the villain nuclear scientist in Paramount’s Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol, opposite Tom Cruise.

His role as Mikael Blomqvist in the American big screen adaptation of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, based on Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy, was played by Daniel Craig.

Nyqvist also starred in Colonia, opposite Michael Bruhl and Emma Watson, and played Captain Sergi Andropoyov in the Donovan March-directed submarine-set action-thriller Hunter Killer.

He also appeared in the 2016 Sundance selection Frank and Lola, which starred Michael Shannon and Imogen Poots. On the TV front, Nyqvist starred opposite Dominic Monaghan in 100 Code, the Swedish-U.S. series created and co-written by Bobby Moresco (Crash, Million Dollar Baby, The Black Donnellys),

He is survived by his wife Catharina and their children Ellen and Arthur.

https://www.google.se/amp/www.holly...-dead-girl-dragon-tattoo-actor-was-56-1017014

Reactions: FreeSpirit71
He was a great actor and lovely person.

Attachments

• IMG_9229.PNG
    IMG_9229.PNG
    310.5 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_9230.JPG
    IMG_9230.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_9231.JPG
    IMG_9231.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_9232.JPG
    IMG_9232.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 439
Reactions: Esizzle
Damn this sucks, a loss of a really good actor. :sad:

I was a little shocked when I saw the news, he was still very young. I also realized how many Scandinavian movies I've watched because he seemed so familiar to me.