Sweater for "casual" Christmas party...

PurseAddict79

PerpetuallyPenniless
O.G.
Sep 11, 2008
Ok so my 'new guy' invited me to a Christmas party his customer is having on Dec 5th. My guy is wearing dark denim and a dress shirt... and I'm trying to figure out what to wear.

Per his request, I will wear jeans (he specifically said no dress/skirt because this is a casual party).

I have it narrowed down to my William Rast crystal pockets in witch wash:

WRcrystal-1.jpg

or my black True Religion Disco Divas:
http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.c...lly__Supervixen/pd/c/1105/np/1105/p/3398.html

So I found (and bought) these two sweaters...

(please forgive me for the terrible quality)

Red (not a deep red though) ruffle cardigan:

redsweater.jpg

and this black sweater with like a sheer neckline (but not cleavage bearing) w/ sequins and beading... the sweater isn't a 'flat black'... its kind of shimmery

blksweater.jpg

Thoughts?

I love the black sweater, but am thinking if I pair it with my TR's it may be too much black. My coworker said wearing too much black will make me look "old".

I love the style of the red cardigan but am not crazy about the color. I'd rather it be a deep, deep red.

I'm going to show my date both sweaters and get his input, but I'd like your feedback as well...

TIA!

Last edited:
I think the red is better, both in color and in cut. Your shape could easily get lost in all the dark colors, and the red gives you a clearly defined bust and waist - very flattering.