Swearing Off Damier Azur

Bag-a-holic23

NEVER CARRY A FAKE!
O.G.
Feb 24, 2009
Hi,

This is the only place I can VENT :rant: about this without the strange looks. My Dh gets it, but he doesn't REALLY understand my frustration!

Today was a beautiful day here in Houston. I got up for church and decided to take my Hampstead out to enjoy the breeze. In church, it started :rain: STORMING :rain: RAINING! Hurricane type weather, the rain that falls diagonally.

I had both kids, my bag, and had parked wayyyy in the back of the lot (trying to exercise more). I didn't have an umbrella because when I left there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

So, I had to make a run for it. Of course, I love my kids more than my bags. So, even with a borrowed umbrella, it still got wet.

The whole ride home, all I could think about were water spots.

I came home, immediately took the straps off and tried to condition them with what I could find to at least have them dry evenly. It also gave me a peek into how uneven the patina was on the bag.

photo12-7.jpg

photo32-7.jpg

I don't really "baby" my bags. But I also don't get them wet. If it's going to rain, I use a DE. I don't know, after this experience, I think I'm done with vachetta, at least for a while. :crybaby:

AFTER (it isn't too bad. But it feels dry). Any suggestions for what to do about the "ashy" look on the corners? To give them a more polished look?

photo45.jpg

Hmm. THANKS for the tip! I am going to look for it online now.

Your welcome, The product says shoe and boot care but on the back it says also for exotic and fine leather handbags. I swear by this stuff, my SA sent me up to Nordstrom's to get it and it doesn't darken of make the leather texture funky but is makes those water spots and uneven areas blend right in not to mention next time you are in the rain the water beads right off your leather.

I hear you! I am done with azur too, but not because of the uneven patina (which I have on my hampstead - on the inside of the straps), but because of colour transfer.

No more azur for me...

twin-fun said:
Before you apply it read a post by member Canipus in the FAQ forum. It's on page 3. Very informative posts about protecting vacchetta and some of the ingredients used in the various sprays.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/do-you-treat-your-new-lv-bags-leather-292816-3.html

Interesting post. Thanks for sharing. The poster was so matter-of-fact. What she said does make sense. I've wondered aloud numerous times why LV doesn't make a leather kit, surely we'd buy it. Lol! I agree about the patina & vachetta. I like the honey, aged look. Water spots, however, are another story.

needlv said:
I hear you! I am done with azur too, but not because of the uneven patina (which I have on my hampstead - on the inside of the straps), but because of colour transfer.

No more azur for me...

My DA cles had LOTS of color transfer. I could wipe a lot off with a baby wipe. But when it got on the zipper portion (denim), I sold it on eBay. Yeah, color transfer can be an issue. Baby wipes!

Your welcome, The product says shoe and boot care but on the back it says also for exotic and fine leather handbags. I swear by this stuff, my SA sent me up to Nordstrom's to get it and it doesn't darken of make the leather texture funky but is makes those water spots and uneven areas blend right in not to mention next time you are in the rain the water beads right off your leather.

I was in Portland last weekend. I went to Nordstrom specifically asking for the product per your recommendation in the other thread. Sadly, they no longer carry Cadillac product. I asked 3 different sales people in the shoe department. 2 of them just showed me the products they have in both women and men's departments. 1 told me he remembers the product but they don't carry it any more. Very disappointing. I asked my SA in Portland but she doesn't know about the cleaner.

I was in Portland last weekend. I went to Nordstrom specifically asking for the product per your recommendation in the other thread. Sadly, they no longer carry Cadillac product. I asked 3 different sales people in the shoe department. 2 of them just showed me the products they have in both women and men's departments. 1 told me he remembers the product but they don't carry it any more. Very disappointing. I asked my SA in Portland but she doesn't know about the cleaner.

Check ebay. I purchased some last night.

That is sad to hear. I have had the same bottle for a year and a half now and I love it so much I am almost out of it and now I am so upset to hear that they do not carry it. I would order it online because I have tried other products and they make the leather feel funny or darken the leather but this product does not do that at all I highly recommend it.