Swapping Straps???

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. OK, this may seem like an odd question, but do any of you multiple-Bal owners ever switch out the straps on your bags? I just got my very first Bal -- Gris Tarmac City, RH -- and I am in :love::love:, but sometimes I do wish the shoulder strap were longer, or better yet, adjustable. I've actually thought about my next bag being a Town or a Velo, partly so that I could switch the strap and wear the City as a cross-body.

Does anyone out there do this? Or am I just crazy? :noggin:

2. This question has been asked already. I can't seem to find the thread. But majority of people didn't swap straps from what I recall reading, unless the straps they were swapping with were the same colour as the bag.

3. I sometimes use my black rggh city strap on my black rggh town. But I never think it looks quite right.

4. Thanks. I couldn't find a thread either, although I can't imagine I'm the first person to ask this question!

5. I would do it if they were the same color. I always wish every Bal had a cross-body strap.

6. same with me. I just received my first City and I was so stupid that I didn't check what strap it had. Crossbody would have been MUCH better.

7. I didn't swap the straps. But I added a new one on my black polka now I love her more than ever!
    Plus my other bal is red so... ha ha

8. The only time I've done this is when I got a bag that didn't have a strap (Mogano GGH PT). Since I had (at the time) 2 Mogano Cities, I used the City strap for a bit. To tell you the truth, it actually seemed to fit better than the PT strap (which is quite wide!).

9. Oh yeah. I would use my Olive City way more if it had a cross-body strap.

10. I would if I had two that were the same color. I would consider having a special made strap over buying another bag just for teh strap. I know some people have had special straps made at leather straps at shoe/leather shops.