SW is going back, defective?

black marks as in ink marks from the store, or as in scars in the leather?

Scars often turn black in the tanning process with aniliyn dyed leathers. This does not mean the bag is defective. Natural markings and imperfections in the skin are very typical of crunch leather. I have a few black marks on some of my crunch bags, too. But if it bothers you, by all means, return it!

Thought this might make it a bit easier for ya, blue3pink....

kittens2032.jpg
Here

kittens2032.jpg

The scratches are on the side an about 2 inches long. There is one "gauge" kinda scratch on the front of the bag maybe 1/2" long. I'm really not ober anal but the black spots are noticeable on the pink. It's like something black scratched up against the bag?

On the back by the zipper
kittens2037.jpg

Front of bag
kittens2038.jpg

kittens2039.jpg

kittens2040.jpg

Last edited:
those black marks in the last 2 photos above look more like ink than like scars to me. Are they? Its sort of hard to tell from the pics.

And the scratch is definitely from being handled- in the shop I guess.

I'm not sure if the marks are ink. They look really dry. I think the bag is very dry as well and I've found a few more marks and scratches.

I love the style and color of the bag. The shoulder strap isn't very comfortable but I think it may be from the handle loops being bent off center. I am surprised at the thinness of the leather. I knew going in they are light but it makes me feel like I have to be more delicate with it.

I cant really tell about the black marks- they dont look like scars as much as ink or paint. It could be some strayed black edge paint or pen marks from the store...anything is possible.

But if it bothers you, definitely return it!

Hmm, I've noticed blackish marks on my Raspberry bags too, and they're all new. One came to me REALLY dry, so I Lubridermed it which really helped. I'm wondering if maybe the Raspberry is more prone to dryness and the black could just be natural variations in the leather? On mine the black doesn't look like ink or paint.

tori, if your marks dont look like ink or edge paint then they might be scars. You can tell by seeing if the leather is indented or raised- look closely.

These bags are made by the human hand and slight imperfections can occur in production not to mention natural imperfections in the raw materials. But as always, inspect your bags closely when you receive them and if something really bothers you, return it.

(...All the more reason to buy from a reputable store with a good return policy!)