SW 5050 fit question

ohbytheway

O.G.
Jul 7, 2009
I received a pair of Stuart Weitzman 5050’s in Napa leather as a gift and I can barely get them on past my instep. Did anyone else have this issue? Do they stretch or is there some trick that will help? I did fold them over and that helped but I can feel they are getting stuck and it’s hard to get my heel in. I didn’t think I had a high instep but I obviously do! Not sure the effort is worth keeping these. Thanks in advance.

I received a pair of Stuart Weitzman 5050’s in Napa leather as a gift and I can barely get them on past my instep. Did anyone else have this issue? Do they stretch or is there some trick that will help? I did fold them over and that helped but I can feel they are getting stuck and it’s hard to get my heel in. I didn’t think I had a high instep but I obviously do! Not sure the effort is worth keeping these. Thanks in advance.

I can’t help as I’m totally flat footed and fit 50/50s easily in my usual size. Are you trying them on barefoot? If so try with a hose thin short nylon and see if that helps you slide. Otherwise you may want to go up a 1/2 size which shouldn’t matter a whole lot in a boot but since the shoe grades with each size it may make the difference.

I had the same problem with the 5050 boot. I have a wide foot with high arch. Even when I sized up half a size I had difficulty. I surprisingly can fit into the Lowland OTK and Tieland OTK version as long as I size up half. I ended up returning the 5050 and kept the Tieland :smile:

I don't have 5050 but I have SW suede knee high boots with the tie in the back, high heel version. My feet are on the narrower side but I still had to go with the bigger size for me 11 mostly due to width, 10 was probably okay length but too narrow for longterm comfort. These boots are almost impossible to get on/off barefoot but fine with a sock so I would try a sock, I wear thicker socks since I sized up and helps with comfort too I think.

I don't have 5050 but I have SW suede knee high boots with the tie in the back, high heel version. My feet are on the narrower side but I still had to go with the bigger size for me 11 mostly due to width, 10 was probably okay length but too narrow for longterm comfort. These boots are almost impossible to get on/off barefoot but fine with a sock so I would try a sock, I wear thicker socks since I sized up and helps with comfort too I think.
Agree that sizing up will always solve that prob and it doesn’t matter in a boot. At worst scenario you have room for a sock which gives you extra cushioning and absorbs perspiration. I wear mine true to size and barefoot but I have flat feet.

Reactions: DreamingBeauty
Agreeing with what everyone has already said! Just wanted to add that I use my body weight to do the final push of my foot into the boot while pulling upward on the boot shaft so as not to wrinkle the leather/cause crumpling at the ankle. Hope this helps!