Suspicious wording of ebay listings mentioning "socialite"?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am wondering if the tutorials for selling on ebay are telling sellers to put in
    "Belonged to estate of socialite," or some such. These are two separate listings by two different sellers that say the exact same thing. I asked one of these sellers if he had two accounts because of the same wording, and he said no he has only one account, but that he has no "copyright on wording." So my guess is this is a new enticement to sell stuff on ebay? Anybody else notice this or have thoughts? I know I have seen listings where they claim they are selling "Cher's boots" etc.:confused1:
    1st auction - Up for sale today ladies is a luxurious Guaranteed Authentic BALENCIAGA HANDBAG Black CITY Makeup Bag CLUTCH 05. This item comes from the private collection of a socialite friend of mine who is downsizing her substantial wardrobe and handbag collection to make room for new items. Her loss is your gain because it is the absolute perfect time of year to add some Guaranteed Authentic Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bergdorf's, & Barneys winter wear and accessories to your wardrobe.

2nd auction - Up for sale today ladies is a luxurious Guaranteed Authentic NEW PRADA RAINCOAT Black Belted Trench JACKET 42. This item comes from the private collection of a socialite friend of mine who is downsizing her substantial wardrobe and handbag collection to make room for new items. Her loss is your gain because it is the absolute perfect time of year to add some Guaranteed Authentic Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bergdorf's, & Barneys winter wear to your wardrobe

2. I get it that he/she has no copyright on wording, but those two listings are EXACTLY THE SAME. Fishy, in my book. Avoid!

3. IMO, this is just like all the other lines and lies some sellers use in their listings to influence buyers. It's advertising. The bag that was used only "twice" (it's never four times, or seven)...the closet-clearing or I'm-cleaning-my-closet sale...the love-the-bag-but-need-to-sell-it-so-it-needs-a-new-home-boo-hoo sale...the just-bought-it-and-love-it-but-it-turned-out-to-be-too-big (or small)-for-my-needs sale...the got-it-as-a-gift-but-I-don't-wear-pink sale...the bought-it-last-year-and-never-used-it sale...the poor-bag-stuck-in-my-closet sale...pre-loved...my loss is your gain...and so forth.

Surely, not everyone who makes this claims is lying, but I for one am a bit tired of reading the same explanations over and over, knowing that most of them are untrue. It seems to me that some sellers put more effort into finding the best possible excuse for listing their bags than on the quality and number of photos, accuracy and clarity of descriptions, and pricing of the items. JMHO.

4. "Got it as a gift" - now that is a tip-off if ever there was one! Who gives expensive designer bags as "gifts" - wish I knew them!!:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:
    I just thought that "socialite's downsizing items" was a good one and was maybe even being mentioned in selling circles (i.e. School of Fagin) as "how to suck in suckers to buy stuff.".

5. Do I smell fish:confused1::P

Kat:heart: