Suspicious Unauthorized Buyer Returns

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
    Sorry, if this topic has been posted, but I was unable to locate a thread on it. Please redirect me if there is..

Heres the situation:
    I sold an item to a buyer and overnighted it to them for Aug 2nd. They confirmed that they received it, said they were very happy, left me positive feedback, and asked me to do the same. I left the feedback.

Today I get an email from the buying saying the post office confirmed the returned item was delivered August 4th and asked for a refund. My auction said No Returns? And they had stated they were happy originally! Also, I sold a paperweight, and in their email they stated they are returning the "dial". ???

I'm going to check my mail tonight, and if there is a return in there, I am afraid to open the box. What if they switched the item or it is damaged?? This buyer sounds really shady...:sad:
    Am I getting scammed?
    What to do??

Thanks...

2. So, did you receive the return? The 4th is almost a week ago. If you did and didn't open the package yet, I would ask one or two people to witness and take pictures while you open it.

3. Sorry, I am checking my mailbox in about 30 minutes when I get home.
    ^Thanks for the advice on taking pics with witnesses.

Will report back shortly..

4. I would send it back upopened. Do not accept it. Once you accept it, you'll have to give a refund.

5. Oh, well I guess I don't even have to worry about it. Its not in my mailbox. So he can just deal with the shipping company that "says" it was delivered.

^ Thanks for the advice. Unfortunetly, if it does come and needs a signature the office will sign for it for me. I am going to leave them a note to not accept future packages for me.

6. Check the bidding history of the buyer...did they possibly confuse you with another seller?

7. ^ Thats the first thing I checked. It couldn't be anyone else- only one other purchase in the past 90 days for a bracelet.

I guess all I can is wait now. I have yet to here back from him after I wrote him that I did not sell him a dial and I have received no returns.

Is there anything else I should do?

8. No returns means no returns. Accept it as a gift and call it a day.

9. I would just wait to see what happens. Try not to worry. Cross the bridge when -- if -- you get there.

10. That sounds good. If the post office says it is delivered and you didn't get it by now, let her deal with postal insurance. I don't think it will show up after aweek. Did she give you the tracking # to check yourself?

I find it a little strange that she received the package Aug 2nd and was very happy and then she decides that she doesn't like it and the return was delivered at your house Aug 4th. That would have been fast.

The only problem I could see would be if your office accepted the package and signed for it. Maybe the package is still there.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. It sounds like stress that nobody needs.

11. Thanks everyone. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. Selling on ebay can be scarier than buying!