Suspicious about return address -PLEASE HELP!!

Mia2001

O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
I purchased a jersey for my nephew on ebay. The listing contained pictures of the item and also stated that the seller was within the United States. In purchased the item -- when it arrived I immediately noticed that it was NOT the same item that was pictured in the listing. Plus, the item was mailed from CHINA! I contacted the seller and expressed that I wanted a full refund; seller stated that he would refund as soon as he received the jersey back. I requested an address in the United States b/c I was not going to send the item back to China. After two days of waiting for a response from the seller he provided me with an address in Maryland. My concern is that the address may not even exist and I will end up losing $$$ and never get a refund. What should I do? I told the seller that I would open up a dispute with paypal if he did not cooperate, so far he / she has been working with me. However, my gut feeling is telling me that somethings "fishy". Is there any way to confirm the address that the seller provided?? Should I contact my cc or paypal? Please help, I've never been in this situation.

He may be using a dropshipper this is why the address is different.

In this case I would file a claim this way paypal will send you the address to send the item back to. I once had to return an item, the seller sent me a return postage label, I noticed that the label was to another address than what paypal gave me. I decided the safest way to send it back was to pay for return shipping myself to the address paypal sent me.

If you ship with delivery confirmation (which you should anyway) then you will have proof of sending it to the address he gave you. But yes the better option is to go through Paypal, at the end of the day it also alerts Paypal/Ebay that this seller is possibly duping buyers and you may protect someone else from being scammed in the future.

Write negative fb - item location misrepresented.
File a chargeback with Paypal, giving reason item might be counterfeit since it originated from country other than Item Location on ebay ad. I'd be wary as China is counterfeit-country!

If you'd look at the top of the auction, which country is it stated in Location of ITEM? Note it's not location of seller. Seller can always change this. I am in US but my items come from Netherlands, all my auctions will state Netherlands except for the ones I am selling which are physically here with me.

Case in Point:
1) Purchased expensive Nokia cell phone from Canadian buyer
2) Tracking number showed cell phone shipped from China (not Canada as stated in the ad)
3) Seller refused to cancel the transaction until Paypal claim filed by us
4) Seller was supposed to refund the money & cell phone was sent back to a Canadian address (not China)
5) Seller refused the package & basically disappeared off the face of the earth with our money AND WE ARE STUCK WITH A WORTHLESS, USED FAKE PHONE
6) THE KICKER IS THAT PAYPAL ENDED UP DENYING OUR CLAIM BECAUSE MOST OF OUR CORRESPONDANCE WITH THIS JERK SELLER WAS DONE FROM OUR PERSONAL EMAIL ACCOUNT AND NOT OUR EBAY EMAIL ACCOUNT. THEY CONSIDERED IT AS "TRANSACTING OUTSIDE OF EBAY"????

Moral of the story is-DO EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK THRU EBAY/PAYPAL and you just might get you money back