Sushi eaters - fatty rolls or plain old raw fish?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I used to be a big roll person (heck, still am), but now I'm slowly drifting to eating more traditional sushi. Just fish over rice. It really depends on my mood, and I don't feel strongly either way (or more, I feel very strongly about both), but I was just curious. Which do you prefer?

2. eel

3. I much prefer rolls over nigiri. There's just something about the texture of a big slab of fish that I can't deal with. Once the fish is wrapped in rice, and seaweed, I'll eat a bucket load!

4. I like both.

5. I like trying the different combinations that they come up with at my favorite sushi place, but I also like nigiri and sashimi.

6. I prefer the rolls.... I like the simple spicy tuna rolls, and several of the fancier rolls that are made at my local restaurant....

7. def. rolls!!LOL!
    except for eel :drool:

8. gasp.

dragon rol= EEL!!!!!

I love all..especially raw sashmi.

9. the only ones i don't like are the ones with the fake crab meat. or cream cheese.. yuk...

10. the only one i must have as a roll, more specifically hand roll is toro! toro hand roll w/ green onion is tdf!!! everything else i can eat as sashimi. i love sushi.

11. Love it all! Now I want sushi, yummy.

12. I want some sushi too now!

I like rolls or just the pieces of fish. Lately I've been eating a rainbow roll a lot that I get at Whole Foods that's got rice, fish, and advocado in it. I love sushi any kind of way really.

13. Love them ALL!! YUMMMMMMMM.. :drool:

Of course my real fav is still Spicy Tuna Hand Roll on Soy Paper...lol.

14. I started out with rolls, then went to nigiri .. now I just eat sashimi. I'll do one of those fancy schmancy designer rolls now and then but basically I eat just the plain fish. My favorites are: tuna, salmon, red snapper, yellowtail, and mackerel; although I ususally order a "sashimi platter" which comes with all sorts of fish that I don't know :P

15. I prefer nigiri sushi, but like simple rolls too...not the fancy rainbow/dragon rolls. I don't like the seaweed wrapping on the rolls, it's too salty and the taste is too much for me.

I hate that crab stick surimi stuff in the california roll...I prefer the real thing!