Survey: How are your flaps keeping up?

pongpongchik

Aug 12, 2009
How often do you use your Chanel flaps and how are they keeping up?

For example: my black caviar jumbo flap I've had for 3 years, used a handful of times, pristine on exterior and interior, but the sides are protruding out a bit due to heavy laptop stretching out the leather.

How are your flaps doing throughout use?

Adiva

Feb 9, 2010
I guess mine are all caviar plus I baby my flaps so they are more durable and all still in good condition. The first flap I bought 2 years ago still holds up well and look as good as new though I rotate my bag pretty often :smile:

ecmf

O.G.
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
I've had my med large caviar for 1.5 years now and use it atleast one day a week. she's as good as new and has not aged at all. I do baby her but she gets used.

mlag724

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
How often do you use your Chanel flaps and how are they keeping up?

For example: my black caviar jumbo flap I've had for 3 years, used a handful of times, pristine on exterior and interior, but the sides are protruding out a bit due to heavy laptop stretching out the leather.

How are your flaps doing throughout use?
I have no issues with my Jumbo Cavair Flap. love the bag. Maybe you should find another way to carry your laptop. Don't carrying it in your flap is a good idea.

*Sai*

May 28, 2010
London
I have had my Jumbo caviar flap for almost a year now and it still looks brand new. I use it all the time - mainly for evenings out.

I believe to maintain its condition is more to do with how you store it as oppose to you wearing it. My sister has a chanel flap jumbo lambskin and has never used it but because of the way she stored it, it has a bit of damage.

Even though caviar is more durable than lamb, I still make certain I wrap the chains in tissue paper (and pull through and tuck in the chains inside of the bag - as to not allow them to rest on the actual exterior) And I also store it in the dustbag and in its box upright (so that the flap and box are not laying flat otherwise the quilts could deflate).