Survey & Help: Alta Dama - True (Non CL) Size or Half Size Up

bagpunk

Oct 31, 2006
OK. I have been asking this to death. And I apologize for it beforehand, and thanks to all of you for your patience in entertaining me beating this particular dead (or perhaps not so much) horse...

As you all know, I am a very eager CL newbie, absolutely converted to the madness that is CL collecting (not so much wearing, yet, for now).

So the quest to tame the wild beast of size variance continues.

I have so far heard of a variety of input: from half size *down* to half size up.

So, if you don't mind, can you take a second or two to tell me, whether you size up or down and stay put on your non-CL size for the Alta Dama.

I know that the material plays a part sometimes, I am looking at WATER SNAKE.

As for the shape of my feet: I have flat arch, wide feet, skinny heels, and long second toes.

I just want to do a head count, and make an informed decision, as I am ordering these without being able to try them on myself.

Thanks ever so much!

Last edited:
I have the black watersnake, and I went with my VP size, which is half a size up from my normal CL size. I have wider feet, and I find that they fit perfectly, both in the toe box and length wise - hope that helps!

thanks JH!

i am really grateful for everyone's patience. first there was that struggle with my pigalle. and now this.

this time i am hoping to do a head count.

the consensus overall seems to be half size up. but someone's half size down freaks me out somewhat. also, i heard that some new CLs are larger, and i did try the very croise in 36.5 and they were too loose.

i can't get the alta dama here, so i can't try them on otherwise i would have done so. thanks again!

I have tried the alta dama on in and I think I would go with my normal shoe size, I take anything from a 40.5 to a 42 I know that sounds weird but it depends on the style. My NP are 41 my Pigalle and Ron Ron are 42, I tried in the 41 in the Alta dama and it was fine I think the peep toe allows slightly more room. I have long narrow feet with a high arch. I hope in some way this helps.

thanks gals!

i hope more of you can give me your input so i can do a head count. i know you probably have done so in the size thread, but i thought i accumulate them here since it was really time consuming for me to browse through the size thread and search for each post.

thanks again!!

I have the gray and white watersnake altadamas, I also used my vp size, I also tried on the eel alta's, and went half size down,best bet is to TRY them on YOU !!

ugh, i can't try them on myself as there are none around here... :sad:
natassha, you went *down* half a size from your CL size? for the eel? which translate to your non-CL size?

is eel softer than water snake?

well. i am one of the weird people who considers their true non-cl size to be their true cl size. i don't own any VP's or NP's to change my opinion. my yoyo zeppas are my true non-cl size and fit perfectly.

ok, hope this doesn't complicate things - I am a true US 9, but when something is supposed to be true to size, that means 39.5 for me because my feet are on the wider side. My VPs are a half size up from that, a 40, as are my altadamas.

I am a US size 7, I generally wear a 38 In CL"s, except pigalle's or non platform CL I take a 37.5, but can do a 37 if I can stand a tad bit of breaking the shoe in. the alta's in eel ran a half size bigger on me then the watersnake's.my feet are normal not narrow nor wide, but very high arch... and yes, I felt that the eel was indeed softer then the watersnake, althought the watersnake are soft, the texture of the eel was a bit softer, HTH :smile:

Last edited: